• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's the best thing you've found at a Pawn Shop?

Come to think of it, several things. Colt Commander series 70 blue and satin nickel looked like a 50 cal on the business end, S&W 586 in mint condition for $200 a long time ago, S&W model 60 for $180. These were bought back in the 80s. I'm sure there have been others

A fellow ODT'r was kind enough to post about a pawn shop going out of business in Gainesville, with a fire-sale the next day. This was only 2-3 year ago, I believe. Had to leave at dark to get there at opening, but got a EAA Windicator 3.57 (Looked unfired) for $139 and a single-shot Remington 12-gauge for $49. There were about a dozen used Glocks there, all starting with a $3++. Wish I had brought more cash...

I read through this thread assuming most deals were from pre 9/11, 20-30 years ago. Back when people still understood not every gun can appreciate 200% over 3 years.
I've never had any luck at pawn shops. I have an uncle that has a weekly route between 10 shops in the Midwest and has some serious scores. However once you calculate time/gas/energy it averages out terribly over 30 years. I know, it's for the roll of the dice, the adventure, the experience..

When I was younger…. And broker… I bought a Savage 110 in 270 for $250.00. I think it was the cheapest priced deer rifle on the rack. Threw a cheap scope on it and went hunting. I’m now older, less broker, and own much nicer rifles. But I still use my Savage 110 and have no plans on stopping. Weird to say but it’s got some sentimental value.

Back
Top Bottom