• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's the point of a silencer on a 5.56x45 AR 15?

If you look at the mil contracts it is all about Signature. There is a lot of fudlore about 556 designated cans out performing a 30 cal can. 4-10 decibels difference. I can't justify a proprietary can to achieve basically nothing on a sub par round. 300 is superior in all walks. But them subs hurt the piggy bank

If you look at the mil contracts it is all about Signature. There is a lot of fudlore about 556 designated cans out performing a 30 cal can. 4-10 decibels difference. I can't justify a proprietary can to achieve basically nothing on a sub par round. 300 is superior in all walks. But them subs hurt the piggy bank
I want a dedicated 556 can...I own 2 30cal cans. my little yhm resonator K model takes the edge off a 556 SBR nicely. also less back pressure than a 556 can. little louder too.

I want a dedicated 556 can...I own 2 30cal cans. my little yhm resonator K model takes the edge off a 556 SBR nicely. also less back pressure than a 556 can. little louder too.
30 cal cans are a good do it all can; however, man do 5.56 dedicated cans work so well.

To each their own. I work too hard for my money to spend it on 556. Blackout all the way
I have to go back to OP comment and point out you can do a lot of work with a 22. And if you're willing to nerf your velocity going short barrel with a 556 - I don't understand why 22 isn't more appealing to those people. Cheap, accurate and actually quiet

To each their own. I work too hard for my money to spend it on 556. Blackout all the way
I have to go back to OP comment and point out you can do a lot of work with a 22. And if you're willing to nerf your velocity going short barrel with a 556 - I don't understand why 22 isn't more appealing to those people. Cheap, accurate and actually quiet
do you reload? I load 300bo and 556.

Just wondering if there is something I'm missing.
for a civilian it's the wow factor......I am not a fan of wow. I have only said wow about three times in my life and it was a sarcastic remark even then. Johnny Ringo bad ass civilian blowing up the gun range with his mag dumping ar 15..........wow.

for a civilian it's the wow factor......I am not a fan of wow. I have only said wow about three times in my life and it was a sarcastic remark even then. Johnny Ringo bad ass civilian blowing up the gun range with his mag dumping ar 15..........wow.
There’s more to it than that. Outdoor shooting with no ear pro, NV, ability to have a shorter barrel without the insane additional loudness. I actually bought my first suppressor (.30 cal) out of respect for my neighbor. Gunshots scare her to death and I like filling my freezer off the back porch. Rimfire suppressors are an absolute blast to plink with and a great way to ease kids into the sport of shooting and maybe even hunting.

Back
Top Bottom