• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When to put your dog down?

We were in the same situation in December. The vet told us if we were asking the question of putting them down , we already knew the answer . I truly feel your pain and am sorry for what you may have to do.

A terrible time I am sorry for you and the pup.

it’s part of being a pet lover, ask yourself if you were in her condition and were relying on your loved one to make a decision, what would you want done?

generally we (humans) wait too long at least that’s what my wife and I have done , because it hurts to let them go.

Godspeed

Many times I have seen owners not do what is humane for the pet..Often we let our personal love take the place of the right thing to do..Many owners think only about the loss in their heart and tend to draw it out as long as possible...Bo was a great Lab my Son and I had since a pup for 12 years..He had gotten to a point he could not get up the stairs on the deck..I thought I solved the problem by adding outdoor carpet on the stairs..My Son was away at UGA and Bo was having difficulty and pain..I talked with my Son about going to the vet..After I took Bo to the vet I found out he had congestive heart failure. He

The Vet recommended Euthanasia, was the humane thing to do. I called my Son and he came home..We took Bo to the vet and he administer the injection and he passed in our arms..My Son and I both Cried..Never had we had such a loving, beautiful and devoted member to our family..Sometimes we tend out of love not to do whats best for the Pet IE: Family member..It hurt like hell but it was the best we could do for Bo..

When i put my 15 year old Border Collie Sasha down, I had a vet come to my house and he hung out for a while in the floor talking and petting her for about 30 minutes until i was ready. she was laying in the living room floor right next to me when she went to sleep. Her ashes are still with me today.
Same here, my wife's 14 year old keeshond developed cancer, I stayed up with her until 4:00 one Friday while she cried and tried to find a place to sleep. The next day, told the wife to call the vet and he came out and did what you said. I loved that old girl to the point that I would have killed her myself rather than see her suffer one more day.

My little buddy just turned 12 , I am sorry
8EB032D7-FAA2-4210-885B-5C7FCC8A5F25.jpeg

Putting down our 16 1/2 year old Java was the single most difficult thing I've had to do. I am dreadfully sorry that you are at the crossroads with this. We let her linger too long for our own selfishness, but It was the right thing to do.

Been there and it’s a horrible feeling to have to do anything like that. Let me tell you the only thing that can make it easier is time. God help you at that time too. Luckily we got us another about 2 months after we have to put ours down. He is something else too.

Following through with the decision to put my 13 yr old Casey to sleep back in 2012 was, without a doubt, the HARDEST thing I have ever had to do. The vet, who is also a friend, came to our house and I laid on the garage floor right next to Casey as he drew his last breath. I cried like a baby. I've always said that this something I wouldn't wish even on a democrat. My 8 yr old yellow Lab Colby is in good health so hopefully we won't have to do this in 4,5 years. It's a terrible thing to have to do.

Back
Top Bottom