• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When you realize….

Whetstone

Default rank <5000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Jagten
80   0
Reaction score
IMG_9626.jpeg

I dangle a Snickers bar on a short string hanging from a yardstick that I carry, pointing in front of me.
I have to do that occasionally but either way I'll have to do what is needed anyhow.

Several years back I had a really aggravating, nasty job that had to be done. I could have paid somebody lots of money to do it but didn't have the money. I then remember $200 left under the mattress on my side of the bed (down at the foot end, if you need to know) and used that to motivate myself: great starter on buying myself a gun. Motivated!! Several days of buckling down doing the work finally resulted in its completion which certainly shocked my better half. On the next Saturday I offered to take her out for lunch, much to her surprise, but she figured it all out when we stopped by the gun store on the way home with that $200 burning a hole in my pocket (the rest went on my credit card).

Now when I volunteer to do some difficult job at home the first thing she asks is, "Are going to try to get a new gun out of this?" I refrain from saying, "Ain't no TRY to it!" :cool:

Back
Top Bottom