• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WHITE MEN WHO NEVER CARRY CASH!

Card only users: what do you do when you fill up your tank then walk in store and the internet is down? Last check I wrote was for that very reason. But not all stores will take checks...
I pay at the pump because I have no intentions of going into a store. If it says see cashier I go elsewhere.
I drive to another gas station? I haven't walked inside to pay for gas since 2002
Same

Haven't done the math to see if it adds up, but I get points for using credit. Then cash those points in. So maybe it evens out that 3% fee.
I do also but balance and billing, sometimes don’t get it. Taxes are taxes no matter how it adds up. Looks better in my pocket than the other guys.

It is aggravating as heck to stack behind lottery ticket buyers.. I’ve left a few stores because I ain’t waiting all day to buy gas
I've loudly asked in the past when faced with this situation, "Isn't there a line for folks who don't have to pay their STUPID TAX?"

If they don't take cash they don't need my business, they can go to h***
At some point, depending on how long you’re around, it’s very likely you’re going to run into a situation where you can’t pay cash and you are the one who needs their business, not the other way around. Payment methods are changing, the world’s changing, etc.

In 1966 when I first started driving I would drive up to the Hood Oil Station in Mableton, pull up to the pumps and the attendant would come out, I'd ask for a dollars worth of regular and he would pump a little over 3 gallons, then clean the windshield, check the air in the tires, and thank for me stopping by. Once they had a gas war with the station across the street and they dropped the price to .16 per gallon, my dollar 6 and a quarter gallons and I drove to school and back all week. They only took cash and always had a big wad of cash in their pockets to make change when someone wanted 2 dollars worth and paid with a 5.

I'm pretty sure if you offered a credit card (Sears or Rich's card) they would have looked at you funny before they ran you off.

Back
Top Bottom