• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You may already know this in regards to allergens, but...

Yep. Once poison ivy is in your system, it never leaves. All you need is light contact with the the oil to bring it to the surface (so to speak). It's kicked my @$$ for decades. If the dog gets it on her fur I'm toast, and don't even know it.

Poison Ivy for me. Got it a few years ago for the first time and it weren't no fun. Almost as bad as catching chicken pox when I was 40. Ah heck it wasn't even close to the pox, but still miserable.

One time (and only one time) I chain sawed through a big fuzzy root on a tree I was dropping. You guessed it, Poison Ivy. Man that oil sprayed all over me and it was bad. Really bad. Never had it that bad since, but ill never forget it.

Had it at a house up north. It was like English ivy all over the yard. The landscape people refused to spray it because it was A LOT! If I got within a few feet of it, it kicked my ass.

... many of them are cumulative. Meaning, just because you aren't allergic to something today, doesn't mean you won't be eventually after continued exposure. Apparently after spending much of my life crawling around the woods, I finally reached critical mass when it comes to poison ivy. :mmph: Or I suppose it could just be monkey pox. :noidea:

Have you been participating in behavior that would put you in the high risk group for monkey pox :boink:

When I was in Boy Scouts we camped out on the creek. We cut a bunch of fire wood that had poison ivy all over it. Not only did several guys get it all over them some got it in their throats and lungs from the smoke. Had 3 scouts go to hospital that night and 1 more the next day.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

I got poison ivy bad a couple of times. Then I learned to scrub everything that could have possibly been exposed to the Urushiol oil with a washcloth and lots of soap. Scrub everything twice, like it like it was covered in the worst car grease.

It’ll be ok, after you have removed all the Urushiol oil.

Back
Top Bottom