• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

‘Ol Fashioned Pound Cake From Scratch

As the only cook in my house, I had to learn how to bake if I wanted homemade baked goods. I haven't done a pound cake in a while. I'm gonna have to make one here soon.

What’s also good is to put butter on both sides of a slice and put it in a cast iron skillet and fry it like you would a grilled cheese….that and a cup of coffee …..
hot damn I done went and did it…
I’m gonna have to get my wife busy now. Haven’t had one in quite a while.
I’ll be trying that next time she makes one! Sounds awesome!

My wife makes her pound cake from scratch, just like my Grandma did. She makes my Grandma’s buttermilk biscuits & cornbread too. This is one of the main reasons I married this lady 43 and a half years ago. She ain’t always the easiest person to live with but God I still love that woman. lol!

View attachment 4634403
Talk her into sharing her recipe a lot of eatamanuras here

I’ll try to remember, she’s at her Moms house helping her deal with her internet bill right now. Dang thing jumped $65 on this months bill, her Mom is 82 and just don’t have the patience to deal with them because they keep confusing her and trying to sell her crap she doesn’t want. I absolutely HATE when people try to take advantage of the elderly. Smdh....

She said it’s a secret recipe, sorry man. :becky: Just kidding! Just make sure to go strictly by the recipe and substitute vanilla extract for the lemon flavoring unless you want to make a lemon pound cake.

ABF1FE1D-B0BA-4A06-97C3-1C340F67BA58.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom