• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

“I will take it” traders with good feedback then back out

The ODT rules seem to ignore the reality that when a buyer says "I'll take it!" the seller feels obligated to mark the item sold pending meeting and then work to schedule a physical transfer of the item and receive payment over the next couple days. This is the downside of people not following through on their end of the deal to purchase what they said they would purchase. Other potential buyers skip over this product and turn their attention elsewhere , thinking the deal is as good as done.

I guess if ODT won't let U give a negative to somebody who ghosts you or backs out for no good reason,

THE ONLY WAY TO FULLY PROTECT YOURSELF is to never hold anything, never consider it SPM. Everything is either still for sale or it has been, past tense, sold. First person to show up with money at the seller's location wins the race.

( But that's not how I operate, nor do I want to see people encouraged to operate that way by the way the feedback rules are set up.)

OP, you're right. The only way I see out of it is, if it's not as advertised or for whatever reason the seller isn't available to finalize the deal within a reasonable amount of time

The item is still for sale even with an "I'll take it". That's how you deal with it.

*If you get full details of where / when / what / and how much in an IM, and you confirm, then it's another thing. But without all of those things confirmed via IM, there is no deal on this website.

How do you all handle this? When a trader on here with good feedback tells you they will take it and then back out? And I’m not talking about backing out for good reason, just backs out. I have had several times when I said I would take it and then thought about it and wished I wouldn’t have. But I did because I said I would! Thoughts?
a man is only as good as his word. If I tell you I'll take it, then that's what I'll do. My word is my bond. Humans are highly over rated as a decent species of animal.

a man is only as good as his word. If I tell you I'll take it, then that's what I'll do. My word is my bond. Humans are highly over rated as a decent species of animal.
You are so right. God says do not put your trust in man. I've thought about this regularly over the years. You want to as a decent person, but you can't

As long as they dont string me along with a load of bs I can understand backing out. Ive been pretty fortunate on here every one Ive ever dealt with has been good to their word. I look at folks past feedback and how long they’ve been on here. If I see they are new with no feedback, I pretty much figure they’re a bot or a scammer until proven otherwise. Lol

Back
Top Bottom