• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

“I will take it” traders with good feedback then back out

“I’ll take it” and “P’m sent” mean “still available” and I’ll let the next person in line know if the sale falls through. At the end of the day we all have responsibilities and we all know **** happens when we have that extra cash to burn. If I have a good piece and at a good price, it’ll sell.

Means nothing, how many times have we agreed to meet and then it goes to the higher bidder when it’s an ODT auction style listing.

Only time I’ve ever said I’d take it and then changed within a minute was when I didn’t realize Peachtree City wasn’t Peachtree Corners. Apologized within a minute after using Waze to see zip code.

I'll take it, did use to mean something,it was the START of negotiations. But it got sanitized by well meaning morons and shady ****in craiglisters and others that came on the site.
the way my conscience works If I tell someone" I'll take it" means I will purchase it at the price listed, not that I'll take it IF we negotiate down to my price. I will take it MEANS I will take it. Not I will try to beat you down on the price and then might take it.

How do you all handle this? When a trader on here with good feedback tells you they will take it and then back out? And I’m not talking about backing out for good reason, just backs out. I have had several times when I said I would take it and then thought about it and wished I wouldn’t have. But I did because I said I would! Thoughts?

I think it's just people. Some throw around words with no backing. If I tell you something, it's what I mean. So I don't say I'm taking it, unless I will. Again that's just me.

Back
Top Bottom