$1,000 rifle and a $100 scope...

I think I paid 130
20211218_062810.jpg

:pound: Made me think of this guy none of y'all have heard about.View attachment 3936614

I've certainly heard of and read about Sergeant Hathcock. A great sniper and a true hero, who sacrificed himself for others. But this isn't him. It's a common mistake.

This is actually Lance Corporal Dalton Gunderson.

I changed my thought process with scopes. I don’t really want to buy anything chinese. I know it’s almost impossible in our day to day lives, but it’s pretty easy to avoid in the shooting world. I was really interested in Arken, but the made in China killed it for me. I try to buy Philippine or (preferably Japanese) scopes. I have / had everything from Nikon prostaffs, SWFA, vortex, top tier bushnells, NF, and just recently March. You really need to match the scope to the rifle. It shouldn’t matter about price. If the scope is reliable, shock / weather / and temp proof, and has the features for the job you should be good to go.

Almost every scope made is better than I am. That said, I’m a recovering brand whore. $1000 for an Aimpoint or $125 for a Romeo 5? It’s a red dot. Sig gets my money. It’s better than I am and can stand up to more abuse than any of my guns will likely see.

Furthermore more, I can shoot just as bad with a March, NightForce or a Bushnell. I’m not picky.

I don't consider a red dot a 'scope' and not sure why so many are talking about 'hunting rifles'. :noidea:
OP never mentioned hunting rifles.

Buy whatever you'd like for your specific purpose. Just remember, the "weakest link" principle, is not just a theory. Just go in with your eyes wide open (or squinting through some cheap glass. ;) )

I don't consider a red dot a 'scope' and not sure why so many are talking about 'hunting rifles'. :noidea:
OP never mentioned hunting rifles.

Buy whatever you'd like for your specific purpose. Just remember, the "weakest link" principle, is not just a theory. Just go in with your eyes wide open (or squinting through some cheap glass. ;) )
It's odt. Pretty much every thread on quality or rifle cartridge is immediately associated with the usefulness of hunting, and if it's not applicable it isn't "needed." Standard fudd mentality.

Didn’t mean to cross streams mentioning a red dot in a scope thread. Contrary to popular belief, I know they’re not the same. It was just the best price vs quality comparison I could think of at the time. Had I know it was frowned upon to mention optics in a scope only thread, I would’ve certainly refrained.

I’ll just sit in the corner and load up some clips for my assault rifle.

Back
Top Bottom