• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10/21 Opening Day Deer Firearms

b8be1a5aac47a5032e15650a6e129c96.jpg

Crab claw showed up! Haven’t shot one of them in years!

Just had a crazy encounter. Got hungry and tired so I got down out of the tree. Was going to go up the firebreak 100 yards to see if I could find a better spot for tomorrow. A doe walks out onto the firebreak then takes off running. I start heading back to the truck and I see 3 more does running the opposite direction. They never saw me so I moved in on them to get a shot. That's when I see why they were acting funny. 8 pointer pushing them in circles. Couldn't get a shot at him. It was close. Went to the truck and had a snack and a drink and moved my stand to this bottom where they are running it. I'll sit sll day I guess.

Since someone else mentioned crazy encounters, be sure to keep an eye out for snakes as you head out into the woods this afternoon.

I got down to go to lunch, took off my leafy suit at the truck and hopped in. Realized I'd left my keys outside of the truck (pretty sure it won't lock with the keys inside, but not taking any chances).

As I opened my door to get out and grab my keys, I see a long black snake zip out from under my truck right beneath my door. I'm not all that afraid of snakes, but that one about made me need to change my underwear.

I'm 99% sure it was non venomous snake, but if they are out it's a safe bet the danger noodles are out too. Watch your step.

Back
Top Bottom