• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

10/22 Deer hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have to finally break down and get a crossbow. I started bow hunting using a recurve (killed my first deer with it) and have hunted with a compound for decades and love it. The problem is that I can't focus well on the pins anymore. You can't mount a scope on a compound bow, but you can a crossbow, so...

The new garmin is a dot that ranges and adjusts for you but if you dont want to pay a grand for a bow sight then get a crossbow.

The new garmin is a dot that ranges and adjusts for you but if you dont want to pay a grand for a bow sight then get a crossbow.
I have the same problem with dot sights. I have to be able to focus it. I've transitioned away from dot sights on my carbines in favor of the Vortex Spitfire because, even though it looks and feels like a dot, it's actually a prism scope and can be focused.

I wish someone made one for a bow.

I have the same problem with dot sights. I have to be able to focus it. I've transitioned away from dot sights on my carbines in favor of the Vortex Spitfire because, even though it looks and feels like a dot, it's actually a prism scope and can be focused.

Get a shotgun for home self defense..:behindsofa:

0714181138.jpg

Get you one of these. Light, fast, and clear ass scope.

@Smokejr2 is going to give Comanche Comanche a run for his money this year with body count.

Please do....haha.
I still have way too much deer meat in the freezer from last season.
I’m about ready to donate some if I get any more
Deer.
I’m purposely limiting my
Hunting time this season to one evening per week and working two jobs does help with that.
The good part is that I scored
An awesome cabin in the mountains with four acres that borders the national forest.
Lots of well traveled deer
Paths back there.
Can’t wait to spend some time there.

Something like this??
https://www.xofan.com/compound-bow-red-dot-sight/
It looks like you get just the mount and then you put your own choice of optics on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom