• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

10/22 Deer hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure I could shoot 70 or 80 but I never would. These newer bows are pretty badass.

Back in the early 80's I used to shoot many a 3D tournament..I had a Hoyt Stevens that I put an over draw system on to achieve almost 80lbs of draw and a speed of 305per sec...That was fast back then. The most we did was 60yrds in distance in the tournaments..It was 4-5 man teams and no discussion of distance was aloud. Living in Stone Mountain subdivision at the time, I would open the garage door and the back door to the back yard..Put a target at the back of the yard, go across the street and shoot through the garage to the business card on the target..I could hit that card 5 out of ten times..At the tournaments the 3D targets had a red metal ring marking the bullseye about 6 inch circle...Broke a many arrows during those tournaments..Never tried to shoot that far to take a deer down, because they almost always duck down when they hear the bow let loose..I had a lot of fun back then..Memories

That's all that matters. Keep doing what you love.
Oh I’ll never stop hunting! I love it too much. Ever since I killed that massive buck I’ve been wanting to see an even bigger one to add to my collection of mounts. I love that meat too! Chili, bacon wrapped backstraps, jerky, roasts. Another thing I love is actually the killing deer, gutting, skinning, quartering and processing all myself. The feeling when you know where the meat came from is so amazing.

I may have to finally break down and get a crossbow. I started bow hunting using a recurve (killed my first deer with it) and have hunted with a compound for decades and love it. The problem is that I can't focus well on the pins anymore. You can't mount a scope on a compound bow, but you can a crossbow, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom