• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10/23 hunt

Dang iv never seen seen anyone through 175lb deer over there shoulder and walk it out like that ....congrats on the kill
There was no other way to get him on the other side. I shot him 30 yards on the other side of the river/swamp and we had to cross by walking over the log. Then we had a 2 mile walk down the power lines to get to the truck. Shot him while he chasing does. There was an 8 pointer I couldn't get a shot on. So I popped the 3 pointer in the lungs while it was running the does crazy. He dropped dead on the spot. Love my 30-30!! What a day.. we probably hiked 5-6 miles today alone. I will be back to that spot for sure. It was about 30 degrees with no wind at 9:45am when I shot him.

Acorn crop is heavy this year. This was the ground beneath my stand from this morning. The deer can't eat them fast enough to knock a dent in them!
image.jpeg

Took the wife this afternoon and she killed her first buck. A nice 8PT. She saw 4 bucks and 5 does. This was our first time in the woods this year. I saw 7 does and a 130 class 9PT that I let walk,had him at 20 feet. Its my buddy's personal property and we have been managing it for 8 years now,My time will come.

Back
Top Bottom