• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10/26 hunt.

24on48hunting

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Deer Hunting Junkie
215   1
Reaction score
It's 52 degrees and overcast here in Southern Carroll County. I'm in my go-to stand-a transition area between feeding and bedding areas.
@Hunting 365 and his significant other are here in hopes of getting her first deer ever.
Chances are good-they're in a hot spot that's full of acorns.
Good luck and be safe.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Love that spot! What kinda trail is that?
Thanks. It's an old logging road- one side is 25+ year old pines with heavy undergrowth. There are a few hardwood drains in there where the acorns are dropping. The other side is younger planted pines.
I slip in here via that road and leave very little scent. I just sit here in my stand a wait for them to cross. I've taken quite a few deer from here. These two were killed here in 2012
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Thanks. It's an old logging road- one side is 25+ year old pines with heavy undergrowth. There are a few hardwood drains in there where the acorns are dropping. The other side is younger planted pines.
I slip in here via that road and leave very little scent. I just sit here in my stand a wait for them to cross. I've taken quite a few deer from here. These two were killed here in 2012View attachment 944678View attachment 944684

You have a great spot, they have to cross the road at some point!

Back
Top Bottom