• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

10/28 Hunt

View attachment 1842644

So this is how it went down........Im in my stand and at 0805 I hear 2 bucks fighting but dont see them. 30 seconds later the one on the left runs right out to me and I dropped him in his tracks. He was kicking a little after a few minutes so I put another one in him to finish him. I get down and take a couple pics and start texting my hunting buddies and I here a buck grunting. He grunted a few times and it was getting closer. I looked over and he was 25 yards away coming straight at me. I pulled up and shot him in the heart. He ran off but I heard him crash. This is crazy. Absolute best hunting day eva!
Congratulations man! That’s the stuff that dreams are made of right there!
I wonder if the fight you heard was them two and that’s when the buck on the right lost that brow tine? You may be able to walk over there and find it lying on the ground.

Umm...if you hunt in Hancock County I believe the rut is about to start. I heard some grunting and crashing this morning and I just pulled this off one of my cameras. This was from 10:45 this morning. He was clearly looking for love.

19780.jpeg

19779.jpeg

Umm...if you hunt in Hancock County I believe the rut is about to start. I heard some grunting and crashing this morning and I just pulled this off one of my cameras. This was from 10:45 this morning. He was clearly looking for love.

View attachment 1842774
View attachment 1842775

They aren't ready in Oglethorpe....yet. Watched a spike horn a 5 foot cedar sapling yesterday morning (it was a beautiful thing to watch!) Not sure the sapling survived the encounter. Assured of his masculinity, he trotted up the hill to where a doe was hanging out, circled around behind her while she crouched down (I thought how lucky can I get to see all this at once), and then he promptly lost interest and went to eating acorns. :doh:

View attachment 1842644

So this is how it went down........Im in my stand and at 0805 I hear 2 bucks fighting but dont see them. 30 seconds later the one on the left runs right out to me and I dropped him in his tracks. He was kicking a little after a few minutes so I put another one in him to finish him. I get down and take a couple pics and start texting my hunting buddies and I hear a buck grunting. He grunted a few times and it was getting closer. I looked over and he was 25 yards away coming straight at me. I pulled up and shot him in the heart. He ran off but I heard him crash. This is crazy. Absolute best hunting day eva!
latest

View attachment 1842644

So this is how it went down........Im in my stand and at 0805 I hear 2 bucks fighting but dont see them. 30 seconds later the one on the left runs right out to me and I dropped him in his tracks. He was kicking a little after a few minutes so I put another one in him to finish him. I get down and take a couple pics and start texting my hunting buddies and I hear a buck grunting. He grunted a few times and it was getting closer. I looked over and he was 25 yards away coming straight at me. I pulled up and shot him in the heart. He ran off but I heard him crash. This is crazy. Absolute best hunting day eva!
Hell to the yeah!!!! Glad you got it done!!

Back at it this morning. Yesterday was an awesome hunting day. My buddy Vincent Vega shot a nice buck on his birthday, and my nephew shot his first deer ever, in Oconee County. Then, last evening, my wife dropped a nice eight pointer in his tracks with an 80 yard shot with her .257 Roberts. While I was helping my wife, my son's friend shot his first deer ever. It was a nice doe which was not shot real good, but my little tracking dog found it, with no problem. Bella is awesome.
Oh, and the Dawgs won.
What a great story

Back
Top Bottom