$10 Brake Pads

Thank you for your contribution and enlightenment. :wacko:

Who makes a good pad?

Hawk, EBC, Brembo if you want a good performance style pad. My OEM BMW pads are great. Problem with some of the high performance pads is they generate a lot of dust and/or noise.

I've run Wagners on my wife's cars.

Personally I just dont like the idea of trusting $10 brake pads especially with the type of driving I do but bravo to them for putting something affordable on the market. I'd rather have $10 brake pads than no brake pads and using the baking plate to stop the car. LOL

Havent tried them myself but Hawk is supposed to be the bomb. I'll give them a go next time Im in need.

hawk are VERY good pads, i've ran them a couple time on track cars with no issues. but also take a good look at stoptech street and sport, very comparable to hawk pads but about 1/2 the cost

I put pro stop brake and rotor combo on my sons Tacoma and they didn’t make it 20k. I’ve been running Hawk heavy duty on my Silverado with great success.

There are several different grades of the pro stops. You absolutely do need to compare apples to apples.

Organic (cheapest)
Semi metallic (pretty good)
Ceramic (great)

Depending on what is available for your vehicle you may Be able to save significantly

I’m pretty sure ,as with other manufacturers as well, that many companies make pads for each other and use different boxes.

Your individual opinion may vary.

If someone saves some $$$ and gets a good pad then that’s great

If not,at least i tried to help.

Back
Top Bottom