• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

100 guns stolen from pawn shop (Muscle Shoals, AL)

sheepdog_59

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
22   0
Reaction score
Woodstock/Atlanta/Stockbridge & all roads between
Just found this & thought it was worth sharing...

Nearly 100 guns stolen from pawn shop

[Broken External Image]: By: Hollie Thrasher
Email: hthrasher@waaytv.com
Last Update: 8/06 7:49 pm

<tbody>
</tbody>

[Broken External Image]: The Pawn Shop

Muscle Shoals, AL (WAAY) - Muscle Shoals police have asked the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms for help after someone stole around 100 guns from a local pawn shop.

Police say The Pawn Shop, located on Woodward Avenue, was burglarized either late Saturday night or early Sunday morning. Officers did not know about the incident until later Sunday; the store’s security system never alerted police because the power and phone lines were cut. A patrol officer discovered the crime after receiving a call from a neighbor about unknown property scattered in her yard.

"When the officer arrived, with it being in close proximity to the pawn store, actually wanted to go over and check the business and then it was discovered that entry had been made," explained Police Chief Robert Evans.

He says the bandits burst through the back door of the business and took several pieces of jewelry in addition to the plethora of guns.

“It was several handguns and also several long guns or shoulder weapons,” said Evans.

The ATF will help the Muscle Shoals PD with tracking and categorizing the weapons. Evans says there is a possibility that this is the work of multiple criminals.

“With the large number and large amount of property that was taken you would think that it would be more than one,” he said.

The thief, or thieves, will face charges of 1[SUP]st[/SUP] degree Burglary when apprehended. Due to the large number of weapons stolen there is a chance that federal charges will be filed as well.

The owner of The Pawn Shop did not want to comment.

http://www.waaytv.com/news/<wbr>local/story/<wbr>Nearly-100-guns-stolen-from-paw<wbr>n-shop/<wbr>J89HQ0JbWk62GTzvBF34lA.cspx

i hope none of them find their way to the trader, that would be inconvenient

i hope he finds a way of making the doors stronger after this

Lol. Same thought crossed my mind. It would be a convenient "boating accident" and a good way to cover bad books.

wouldnt be the first time would it?

I had an FFL I purchased a rifle from over a year ago call me last month to see if I still had the reciept, they didnt have the serial number recorded correctly as so showed a rifle recieved but never moved out of inventory but it wasnt physically there.........no bueno

They knew what they were doing, cut the phone lines and power. Hope they catch the scum and put them behind bars where they belong.

You'd think a business would also have wireless transmission for the alarm.
You can cut all the wires you want at my house and you're still gonna set it off and my neighbors will meet and greet you to demonstrate some of their most reliable firearms... my system is monitored and the police are also notified... if you are REAL lucky the police might be in the neighborhood..if not, oh well; you play the game, you take your chances.

the wireless transmitter was only like $350 to buy instead of lease. cheap insurance in my book. BTW, mine's wireless & battery backup, cut away.

Back
Top Bottom