• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1000 yards

Just traded into a brand new bergara b14 hmr 308. Looking to hit steel at 1000yrds, anyone have any recommendations on a scope, rings and if I need a 20 moa base using 308? I know I need some sort of mil dot reticle, the
vortex hs-t seems to be a good choice and in my price range. View attachment 1520085
in for info. I know from the research I have done. For .308, zero at 200 yards, and an aim point 6 feet above a man sized target for a 1,000 yard kill shot.

Yeah Nikon's warranty is outstanding, I've used it once with no problems. I've been talking on another forum, which they're all saying get a SWFA 10x42 fixed. Seems like I see a ton of great feed back all over the web.

Yeah Nikon's warranty is outstanding, I've used it once with no problems. I've been talking on another forum, which they're all saying get a SWFA 10x42 fixed. Seems like I see a ton of great feed back all over the web.

If all you’re going to do is shoot long range, nothing wrong with a fixed power. Depending on your age/eyes, 10x may not be enough for 1,000yds. SWFA also has a 16x and 20x. The higher the power, the better for long range and the worse for shorter ranges.

in for info. I know from the research I have done. For .308, zero at 200 yards, and an aim point 6 feet above a man sized target for a 1,000 yard kill shot.

You need to refresh your recollection on that research.

Zero a .308 at 200 yards and you will need to aim 30 FEET above the target at 1000 yards.

Not 6 ft above the top of the head, which would be about 8 ft. above center of mass.

(This is for a boat-tail HP match bullet, 168 or 175 grain.)

Back
Top Bottom