• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10mm & Power Pistol

bass222000

Default rank <2500 posts
10mm Junkie
51   0
Reaction score
Quick question guys. I have about 5lbs of Power Pistol which I mainly use for 9mm loads. I am wanting to hear some input as far as using it for 10mm. I mainly use Blue Dot, Longshot, 800X, and AA#9 for my 10mm loads. Anybody have any load info they would care to share as far as Power Pistol and 10mm goes??? I have projectiles ranging from 135gr-200gr.

Any and all info pertaining to Power Pistol with the 10mil is welcome. Thanks in advance!!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

One thing to note with the 40 data provided by Reloadingman is that the powder charges do produce about the same velosity in the forty as they will in the ten. Of course you can only use the forty data in the ten--not the other way around.

Thanks for the post's guys. I already have the Hornady book and the Alliant load manual. What im looking for are loads that people have actually tried and what they thought about them (Accuracy, Recoil, Condition of brass, etc...)

Anyone have a tried and true "pet load" they care to share??

You might give Sierra and Nosler a call during business hours and talk to one of their ballisticians. Man those guys do tons of testing and have been very helpful to me in the past even with other manufacturers components in the mix

The guys at Alliant were really helpful to me on a reduced load data big bore magnum project, but I had to send them an e mail and It took a little while for a response to get the ball rolling. Once I did though they were spot on.

Just a couple of more reliable places to check.

Bass222000:

It will depend on your individual gun and shooting ability. At less than 30 yards, they all have about the same accuracy.

My Lyman book does state that W231 gave some of the best overall accuracy, although it cannot deliver 10mm power.

Bass222000:

It will depend on your individual gun and shooting ability. At less than 30 yards, they all have about the same accuracy.

My Lyman book does state that W231 gave some of the best overall accuracy, although it cannot deliver 10mm power.

Thanks. Most of my shooting is done is done 25 yards and closer. I have more 10mm's than I probably should so I know it will vary from gun to gun. Right now im experimenting with loads for my Mech-Tech 10mm Carbine.

10mmFirearms.com has factory pull downs that show the powder type and weight used along with other info. That is about the only place I have found real 10mm load data. I didn't buy a 10mm to shot 40 S&W loads. i just copy and paste and print. I mainly use LongShot and they have data on just about every bullet weight you want. Only thing is you have to look at each pull down to find out what powder was used. There is a lot of load data for Power Pistol also. Your just going to have to look for it.

Back
Top Bottom