• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

11/2 Hunt

Found out Tue that the big buck I've been flirting with since 2020 was killed by my neighbor this year. He's a good dude and we are friends so, although I was very disappointed it wasn't going on my wall, I was glad he was able to harvest the buck vs some of the other less desirable folks that hunt around out area (or the night hunters that frequent the area as well). Glad the buck was around a while to spread the good genetics. As the saying goes, when one door closes, another opens...well, I caught another good one walk past a camera last night at 8:04! One I haven't seen before. Let the games begin...again! lol

26 this morning in Woodbury with a little wind, very cold. Watched a 4pt for 45 minutes. He made a rub, checked out my scrape, and generally just took his time. His neck wasn't swollen, so do know if they are cranking up h

Sneaking out to my afternoon stand I got pinned down by 3 doe’s. Biggest one laid down in front of me about 30 yards away and I got to watch her lick herself and sleep for an hour and a half with no clear shot. When she did stand up she turned and started walking directly towards me. One 308 through the boiler room and meat in the freezer 👍

Attachments

• IMG_0898.jpeg
    IMG_0898.jpeg
    501.6 KB · Views: 30
Sneaking out to my afternoon stand I got pinned down by 3 doe’s. Biggest one laid down in front of me about 30 yards away and I got to watch her lick herself and sleep for an hour and a half with no clear shot. When she did stand up she turned and started walking directly towards me. One 308 through the boiler room and meat in the freezer 👍
Congrats

Reactions: (M)
Back
Top Bottom