• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

11-6 hunt

5 doe/fawn this evening seems all the does being harassed here are 1.5 year olds.the old does haven’t even started running buttonheads off yet.

Well wrapped up a week in the woods. Saw lots this week and had a good time. No blood in the truck bed but that's ok. Tonight I saw one button head, one spike and a 1.5 year old 6 pointer. That was it. Back home in Johns Creek now. First thing I heard when I opened the truck door were sirens...ugh, I miss the farm lol. Good luck this weekend y'all...I'll be raking leaves lol

Well wrapped up a week in the woods. Saw lots this week and had a good time. No blood in the truck bed but that's ok. Tonight I saw one button head, one spike and a 1.5 year old 6 pointer. That was it. Back home in Johns Creek now. First thing I heard when I opened the truck door were sirens...ugh, I miss the farm lol. Good luck this weekend y'all...I'll be raking leaves lol
Yep, I don't miss being in Gwinnett County. That's why I spend more time in Hancock.

At least the first thing you heard wasnt three big neighborhood bucks chasing a doe.
That’s usually how my hunts go.
Don’t see anything all day and when I pull into the neighborhood there are 12 deer across the street in the neighbors front yard thumbing their noses at me.

At least the first thing you heard wasnt three big neighborhood bucks chasing a doe.
That’s usually how my hunts go.
Don’t see anything all day and when I pull into the neighborhood there are 12 deer across the street in the neighbors front yard thumbing their noses at me.
Oh we've got plenty of deer but you'll get in a little trouble with the HOA and the JCPD if you try to kill one lol. I actually have a deer trail in the front yard and three deer that bed down in out pinestraw almost each night. I like seeing the deer but don't like the sirens!

Shot my personal best buck yet last night at 5:30.

He came in hot chasing 2 does around. I never really got a great look at it. Just flashes between the trees. They crashed away and out of sight but luckily turned and came back.

Got my first halfway decent look at him. Then made a pretty solid shot at 100 yards in a 18" window between trees a few steps later.

Ive got jerky fever after getting a doe in the freezer last weekend so when one of the does gives me a similar shot i take it. She runs off seemingly uninjured. 2 minutes later she trots back through. I stop her and drop her.

I give them a few minutes and when i climb down i find i have shot the buck and both does haha.

I didnt post last night because it took me 3.5 hours to butcher these deer and i was dead tired.

Now if i can find the big boy who has been beating this one up and breakin his tines.View attachment 2904576

Good times! Jerky in my future!

Not much action in ogelthorpe this morning.
Nice buck,got you some good eatin.

Back
Top Bottom