• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

12/9 deer hunt

Had a great day hunting today. Done a bit of exploring on a side of public I hadn't been to deer hunting before (saw 4 does) and then met up with some buddies for the afternoon hunt on public. We all were planning on hunting with bows this evening. I didn't see anything but did hear a buck grunt that never came in. And then this:

Me and one of my buddies were getting concerned about my cousin. I was back at my truck Ron was waiting at the road. Nothing radio silence from my cousin it was dark and I couldn't even see the glow of a light in the distance. Finally he texts I'm gonna be a while this is terrible. I went and got Ron came back to finally see my cousins light coming out of the thick stuff. He walked up slinging stuff mad as an old wet hen saying if he ever had another hunt like that he wouldn't hunt anymore. While laughing we asked what happened. He began to show us. It looked like he had been two rounds with Tyson. The briars tore him up literally. Ripped the soles off his lacrosse boots, ripped his pants, belly bleeding, and face bleeding. He said I am just proud to make it out alive. It will be funny to him in a day or so unfortunately for him it was hilarious to us right then. What a day!!!!!

Had a great day hunting today. Done a bit of exploring on a side of public I hadn't been to deer hunting before (saw 4 does) and then met up with some buddies for the afternoon hunt on public. We all were planning on hunting with bows this evening. I didn't see anything but did hear a buck grunt that never came in. And then this:

Me and one of my buddies were getting concerned about my cousin. I was back at my truck Ron was waiting at the road. Nothing radio silence from my cousin it was dark and I couldn't even see the glow of a light in the distance. Finally he texts I'm gonna be a while this is terrible. I went and got Ron came back to finally see my cousins light coming out of the thick stuff. He walked up slinging stuff mad as an old wet hen saying if he ever had another hunt like that he wouldn't hunt anymore. While laughing we asked what happened. He began to show us. It looked like he had been two rounds with Tyson. The briars tore him up literally. Ripped the soles off his lacrosse boots, ripped his pants, belly bleeding, and face bleeding. He said I am just proud to make it out alive. It will be funny to him in a day or so unfortunately for him it was hilarious to us right then. What a day!!!!!
Bourbon?

I did a bad. Don't really feel bad though. Walked in at shooting light with my stand on my back. Kicked one up that ran around the tree and stood there. It was dark but I could see it well in my scope. Average size doe. I shot it with my climber still on my back. It was a button. It wasn't my finest moment. It'll be the best eating deer I've had in a while though. **** happens. I don't kill small deer but sometimes I do I guess. I'll own it. The 45-70 is good now btw.

I did a bad. Don't really feel bad though. Walked in at shooting light with my stand on my back. Kicked one up that ran around the tree and stood there. It was dark but I could see it well in my scope. Average size doe. I shot it with my climber still on my back. It was a button. It wasn't my finest moment. It'll be the best eating deer I've had in a while though. **** happens. I don't kill small deer but sometimes I do I guess. I'll own it. The 45-70 is good now btw.
Congrats, it happens. Glad you got your rifle working. And yes, I always had my rifle at the ready carrying all my gear at the same time. You always have to be prepared

Back
Top Bottom