• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

$14.00 - BPS White River Dogwood Canyon Fly Combos

MAK

Hen of Fame Supporter
GGT Founder
58   0
Reaction score
Thought I would pass this along. Sure they won’t last long. Bass Pro has their starter/beginner fly rod outfits on sale at closeout price of only $14.00
That’s graphite rod, reel, line and leader. Sizes from 4 weight up to 8 weight.
If you have been thinking about giving fly fishing a try, or have a youngster that may want to try then this looks like a good deal.
No, it’s not a Orvis, Sage or TFO but looks like a solid deal for throw-away pricing.
https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/whi...tage&cjevent=9e995acf022711e982ba00150a24060f

Ok MAK MAK , help me out please.

If I know nothing about fly fishing, but if I wanted to keep two poles in the garage; What weight and length should I order ?

Like general, all purpose, good for my first couple trips ?

To anyone with knowledge.

Thank you.

also looking for tips. was looking for a good cheap gift and think this is gonna be it, just unsure of which weight to go with

heres my quick and easy for people deciding on weight/length.

if using it in the mountains for trout, 4/5 weight and 7 / 7'6 foot (small streams go for the smallest and shortest, easiest to manage).

although if you are planning using it around Atlanta hooch for trout, or big trout rivers, i would get the 5 weight and 9 foot.

for general use, 6/7 weight and 7'6 - 8 foot. probably be happier with the 8 foot though for all around use.

bass fishing from a boat with a fly? 8 weight and 9 foot

Ok MAK MAK , help me out please.

If I know nothing about fly fishing, but if I wanted to keep two poles in the garage; What weight and length should I order ?

Like general, all purpose, good for my first couple trips ?

To anyone with knowledge.

Thank you.
Looks like great info militaryrednek provided. All I know is what I’ve read over the years while I’ve been th8nking about trying the fly rod. I fish a lot but only used a cheap fly rod a few times as a kid.
I tend to not buy cheap stuff and prefer to go ahead and try to buy once instead of trading-up later. If I didn’t buy the best or what I really wanted from the start, I always regret it and wasted money because I know I will soon spend more buying better quality.
However, this is only $14 bucks. If it were the full $100 then I would pass, even though I’m not sure I’m really going to get in to fly fishing. I’m sure a better quality rod and reel like Orvis, TFO, or Sage would make learning and casting more enjoyable and easier, but for $14 they can be considered give-away or behind-the-seat rods.
I have been thinking about getting one for the streams around our cabin in Fannin so I went ahead and ordered a 4W. And since they were only $15 I grabbed another 8W to try down in the marsh at our house in Flagler Beach.

....i have the same one....i paid 100 bucks for it.....amazing deal.

ima go kick rocks now.
Yeah, that’s the way it usually goes for me...
So what do you think about this setup compared to a higher dollar rod and reel? Huge difference? Minor? I know with the purist fly fishermen some of it seems to be bragging rights on who can pay the most for any given item...

Back
Top Bottom