• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

14.5 AR15 barrel suggestions

I remember watchin his MK12 video with my developmental psych professor/advisor who was a big gun nut too. We had questions on the MK12 on the next exam lol.

I like the BA Hanson barrels with the pinned gas blocks. Gotta make sure to check the gas port prior to assembly, but so far my experience has been that when they ain’t right, they’re undersized, which is a quick fix.

Centurion Arms pinned and tabbed.
Proof Research carbon.
(Because I'm old, fat, lazy & light weight guns make me feel tacticool.)

I generally prefer any of the FN touched barrels for general purpose duties.

I have had mostly success with BA and Faxon.

Krieger, Bartlein have been good for me.

White Oak use to be good but haven't used one in years.

Note, some of the uppers I built were spec'd to shoot one hole groups from a cold barrel.
The tolerances on everything are perfect...not
"close enough"

General purpose AR15's for me are better than milspec and can compete in 3gun easily...so barrel/trigger are my starting points.

F class and other long range games require attention to detail and assembly seen in purpose built AR pattern rifles.
Barrel, trigger, glass unless it's irons then 1/4 or 1/8 adjustments in steel/iron not aluminum sights.

I don't compete anymore and have sold most of that type gear but two of my favorite 5.56 rifles are
FN Tac II's with drop in trigger.

I like the BA Hanson barrels with the pinned gas blocks. Gotta make sure to check the gas port prior to assembly, but so far my experience has been that when they ain’t right, they’re undersized, which is a quick fix.
I just got a Hanson Pro Series .308 ( stainless nitride treated to make it black basically it's what it adds up to ) and it shot .688 during breakin with M-80C Federal white box 149gr. FMJ ammo. 1 dollar a round cheap Walmart stuff. Impressive to say the least. This is maybe my Fourth or fifth BA barrel purchase ( 1st one in a big bore ) and each time I take ond of the their barrels to the range I am overjoyed with the results. I put this barrel in a 565 dollar PSA PA-10 308 rifle I purchased just because it was dirt cheap and the accuracy is stupid for what it is. I am sure I got lucky with the rest of the rifle but be damned if it doesn't shoot very well. I have always said go with a BA Hanson or better barrel and you will end up with a decent shooting gun. What I don't understand is some fool laughed at me for saying that. The only other BA Hanson barrel I still have is a .223 Wylde and that barrel is ridiculously accurate as well. BA doesn't fool around with the Hanson profile barrels. They put the majik on em that is fo sho!

Back
Top Bottom