• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

14.5 AR15 barrel suggestions

David's Gun Room

Default rank <1000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Gunsmithing, Sales, and Safes!
Firearms/Accessories Dealer
5   0
Reaction score
Updating my Zev LPVO rifle. Never shoot it and it sits so why not make it something I like. Ditching the 16" BA Hanson Premium barrel and 15" BCM MCMR. Have a Hodge 13.65" handguard on the way and am stuck between a Criterion Core 14.5 .625 mid length barrel (3-month backorder), or a Centurion arms .750 "lightweight" barrel (not really as light). Probably will pin on a Forward Controls birdcage with keymo compatibility since I need to get a Sandman S eventually when I'm not poor. on top I am running a Trijicon accupower 1-8 on an adm qd mount. Will have an unfired hanson barrel and mcmr with handling wear for sale for like 250obo when I pull it if anyone will be interested.

also on my interest lists are spikes tactical 14.5 lightweight barrel/Hodge 14.5 barrel and the HM Defense Chrome lined monobloc barrel from lead and steel

I love the Centurion Arms barrels. They’re made to Monty’s specs by FN. One of the barrels I recommend the most.

If you order it from Centurion Arms, worth it to just go ahead and order a pinned and tabbed gas block with it. The upcharge is very little when compared to the work done.

Criterion and Centurion Arms both have very nice barrels. I really like the weight distribution of the Criterion Core barrels but it may really come down to how patient/impatient you are.

I will be bringing a Centurion Arms barrel to the armorer's course on Sunday. It has a different profile from what you are looking at, but it may help sway your decision.

Criterion and Centurion Arms both have very nice barrels. I really like the weight distribution of the Criterion Core barrels but it may really come down to how patient/impatient you are.

I will be bringing a Centurion Arms barrel to the armorer's course on Sunday. It has a different profile from what you are looking at, but it may help sway your decision.

We have some Centurion Arms barrels in the shop you are welcome to look at, but don’t have any in the length you’re wanting.

patience is my weakest virtue lol. wanting a chf barrel. I am willing to sacrifice on accuracy some in regard to longevity. Really don't want to wait for the criterion's so it's looking like a centurion will be my option. We shall see when payday comes around.

I’ve seen issues lately with Criterion barrels having too short headspace, as in will not close on a 1.4646 gauge, with multiple quality bolts. These same bolts will close on other barrels.

Chad Albrecht of SOTAR sees a lot more of them than I do, and states that 1 out of the 3 of the Criterion barrels he sees nowadays won’t close on a 1.4646 gauge. He says it used to be 1 out of 20.

All duty AR’s chambered in 5.56/.223 Wylde should close on a 1.4646.

Back
Top Bottom