16" 300 Blackout Short Stroking

DFWLR

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
TOO SWEET
76   0
Reaction score
Well, my rifle is taking after his owner... and is short stroking. The rifle is pretty much a bolt action at this time. I have built several ARs, and this is the first time I have ran across the problem. Thing is, there is so much contradicting information on the interwebs. I am cautious to drilling on my barrel, but thinking this may be the best option. Anyone else run across this? Fixes? (Gas block is properly aligned)

Had the same issue with me .300 SBR. Swapped to a heavier buffer and it helped some. Also upped my powder charge on my handloads, if that's what your shooting.

well, my rifle is taking after his owner... And is short stroking. The rifle is pretty much a bolt action at this time. I have built several ars, and this is the first time i have ran across the problem. Thing is, there is so much contradicting information on the interwebs. I am cautious to drilling on my barrel, but thinking this may be the best option. Anyone else run across this? Fixes? (gas block is properly aligned)

im running a 9.5" 1:7 twist cmmg 300 blk barrel and i had to open the gas port a little bit to cycle my sub sonic 208 a-max with my suppressor.

If gas block is aligned as stated, i would mess with buffer weights as already suggested. It doesnt sound like you have the proper tools to mess with/measure/resize the gas port so maybe have a gunsmith look at that.

Pistol length gas systems seem to fix the problems sometimes, they are available.

Is it happening with both sub and supersonic ammo? Factory loaded or hand loaded ammo? Quite a few 300blk barrels have pistol gas systems(at least on shorter barrels).

If its happening with supers, theres def a issue. Most folks have issue getting subs to run reliably not supers

Back
Top Bottom