• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

163 MPH

That’s why I sold my z06. I knew if I got a ticket it was going to be 100 or more over. That thing would fly.
My father was a chemist in the rubber products development field. He invented and patented a new dual durometer roller compound that worked perfect in water. It revolutionized the roller industry. Made my fathers boss a millionaire several times over. MG is his initials but after he cleared and banked his first million he celebrated his success. It was all my dad's work but when you worked for company any compounds developed in house is the owners by contract. Back to the story. He went out and bought a Brand New ZO6 VETTE and got three tickets the first night he had it. The last was a DUI and he was driving like bat outta hell. 🤣

The guy cornered the market with that compound. His business had 3 divisions right there behind that old feed store down from Betties Hot dogs. He rebuilt rollers, he milled new rollers from raw steel and my dad was the Top dog in the compounding part called US Elastomer. Sister co. To Diamond roller and the other Co. I can't recall the name. My dad laughed about that for years. MG was a good guy and respected and loved my dad. MG put my dad first on the patent and MG was listed as co-founder. Not many company owners would have done that for their employee. They would have hogged all the credit for themselves and cut the founder or the Creator completely out. He paid my father very, very, very well.

Lucky duck, I never had anything that’d run much over 140.
Didn’t see, wonder how they caught him?
Back in the day of carburetor engine and 400 + cu. inch engines, and "gearheads", we had several cars in our high school that could do 160-180 MPH.

There was an unopened stretch of I-285 that they could use to open them up without having issues with LEO.

I road in a Chevy II at 160, no seat belt, no helmet, no nothing, and it was a one time experience.

Guys would go out to Peachtree Dekalb airport to get AV gas.

176.8mph from a standing start to 1/4 mile, and turn off in another 1/4
Damn ken thats slow. Had my duc at 182. Gps not dash speed which said 185

Attachments

• 067C6066-818F-47A0-9341-7FD49DD0BE1E.jpeg
    067C6066-818F-47A0-9341-7FD49DD0BE1E.jpeg
    182.7 KB · Views: 7
Damn ken thats slow. Had my duc at 182. Gps not dash speed which said 185
From a standing start @the 1/4.
yeah BS… LOL Had both the Busa and ZX14 past… let’s just say they didn't have any more numbers. But anyone can hold on in the straightaway and grab throttle.

LOL
Racing last night I was 5.54@128 on one bike and 5.82 on the other. These are 1/8 second times.
I ran 3 classes and lost by a combined margins of .027 of one second. Damn tight competition.

Back
Top Bottom