• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1911 in the field and on the front (PIC HEAVY)

I can google a list of users - my point is where are the pics of these weapons in a COMBAT situation like the ones posted?

Google S&W or SIG or Beretta and I'm sure you can come up with a list just as long as the impressive one you posted.

Just because something has history DOES NOT make it better. Sit back relax and enjoy the pics and history of the 1911.

Nice pics! Long live the 1911. Ooooorah!
I love some of the muzzle control (read....lack there of) in some of those photos.

Nice post - If you listen to all the yahoos on here the 1911 is a substandard jam-a-matic POS. I love 'em!

Now where are all the Glock combat photos? (IDPA pics don't count as combat btw!)

You are obviously a fan of the 1911 and that is not a problem, I like 1911's also. The thread was about 1911 in history and you could not hold back from bashing another gun which is currently the most widely issued/used manufacturer world wide by Governments and agencies. The lack of pictures of Glocks in combat is pretty lame considering the 1911 served in two world wars and many "police" actions for over 100 years. I bet there are more photos of 1903 Springfield, SMLE's and K98 Mausers than any other current weapons also, so what does that prove? The list of countries and agencies that CURRENTLY issue Glocks proves that the 1911 platform is not considered the best option in today's world. Go ahead and Google the other manufacturers and show me the impressive list of all the countries and agencies that issue them. I think you would be surprised that the list for the others is not as impressive.

I can google a list of users - my point is where are the pics of these weapons in a COMBAT situation like the ones posted?

Google S&W or SIG or Beretta and I'm sure you can come up with a list just as long as the impressive one you posted.

Your typing wrote a check that your facts can't cash.

Can you please keep the *****ing and whining to yourself or do it via PM. This thread doesn't have jack**** to do with Glock or a Glock argument, it's for appreciation/admiration of the 1911.

i1256.photobucket.com_albums_ii484_blattrev_191119.jpg

I think this one is an airsoft gun. I remember my friend having one with gold screws on the grips like this. Plus look at the airtank on his back lol

Back
Top Bottom