• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

1911 mags ?

Only the best 1911 mags ever made! Wilson combat. Love them. Never had a problem. Only downside is.... they are not cheap. Around $32.00 a pop.

The most commonly over looked part of weapon system today is the magazine...I don't care if you have a pistol that runs 100% covered in dirt and frozen solid. It means nothing without quality magazines. To many people try and skimp on this, that is a big no no.....

I don't consider these expensive at all, because you are not just buying a name. You are buying trust in your firearm, you are buying reliability, you are buying those few extra second when other inferior magazines would cause a jamb, and quite possibly you might be buying your life with it. You are buying Wilson Combat.

I would rather spend the extra ten bucks and know my pistol WILL WORK when I need it to. And not trust in a inferior product hanging on the hope that it continues to work right for me. Sure othe mags may work right now, but do you really trust them to continue to work in less than optimal conditions, when you really need them? Probably not.

In simple terms:

ANY auto gun, rifle or pistol is only as good as the magazines feeding it...

Wilson Combat mags are well more than up to the challenge, they are what all other mags are measured by.

My hard use mags are Chip McCormicks. They feed smoother and function better in my TRP then the ACT/Novak mags that I was running. Nothing inherently wrong with the ACT/Novak mags, they are well made, but I have had enough issues with them and don't like the fact that in my TRP they are rough in feeding round that I am dumping them. With the 1911 platform mags really are an important issue that you need to look at, and it is also the weak part of the system. I have had some mags that simply will not run well in a 1911 and other that run find. My Colt Double Eagle though feeds flawless with Macgar mags which are good mags in my opinion too.

A slight digression but 1911 and AR15s are the only systems in which I will use none factory mags, Glocks I will only use Glock factory mags for duty work, same with a lot of other platforms, the exception may be Mecgars which are OEM for a lot of places including Sig, but the only use for none factory mags, like korean or promags, in Glocks and some other platforms is for training how to clear stoppages since most of the ones I have used turn the gun into a jamamatic, though some are too reliable at jamming, bang, bang, jam, bang, bang, jam.....

I carry only Wilson Combat 1911 mags because they're the best in my opinion and because I carry a Wilson Combat pistol. I have Chip McCormick mags for range use but I wouldn't be afraid to carry them too as I've never had a ftf or fte from them either. Never, ever skimp on mags that you will be carrying. If you do it could very well cost you your life.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom