• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

1911 opinions so many choices need help!

Which one?

• Total voters

Dirtydan80

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
5   0
Reaction score
Need an opinion guys if you had a choice what would you pick for your new 1911? Springfield armory Ronin , Bul armory 1911 or a Dan Wesson heritage? And are there any others in the sub 1k price range you would pick?

Attachments

• IMG_4831.jpeg
    IMG_4831.jpeg
    237.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4854.jpeg
    IMG_4854.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4855.jpeg
    IMG_4855.jpeg
    509.6 KB · Views: 21
If you’re not already a 1911 guy, I’d pick the cheapest import you can find and live with it for awhile. Then upgrade if you’re still in. A lot of guys find it‘s not for them.
So I had a rock island gi model for about a year and liked a lot about it but hated the sights. So I got rid of it. Then I had a star bm9 that scratched the itch for a bit but again hated the sights. The Dan Wesson is used so it’s at about $850 ish and the sa ronin is used for under $700 and the bul is new at like $830 if my memory serves me right.

I’ve had several Ruger SR1911’s. They’ve all been well built and performed flawlessly. You can always buy and resell in the $700 range…gives you money left over for ammo because .45acp ain’t cheap. They’re not works of art like some brands but they have what you need and go bang every time. I do prefer American made 1911’s. Tisas are cheap but it’s not like the Turkish are our pals. I don’t spend money with them…at least BUL is Israeli made and they don’t hate us!

I just ordered a 1911, with the Red, White n Blue colors, and a custom Grip in Yankee, colors with emblem. Its my Fathers Day gift from my wife. I will shoot it then mount in my Man Room. I do own 2 Springfield 1911's, and both are good guns. I will post a picture once my gun is complete.
735056_ts.jpg

Back
Top Bottom