• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

1PN34 Scope Reticle not showing up

rumrunner55

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
106   0
Reaction score
So the scope works and turns on but the aiming reticle is not showing up. Not real sure if its the bulb cause i tried using all of the replacements and no luck, and i have cleaned the bulb housing and used a small pen light to shine down the bulb housing and I can see the the reticle appear. Not sure if there is a loose wire or if anyone here has experienced the same problems. Its a great scope and id like to actually shoot "accurately" with it at night. Any help would be appreciated. IMG_20131124_204440.jpgIMG_20131117_152252.jpg

Most like a break in the circuit that supplies power to your bulb socket. Wire connections behind your on/off switch or battery box could be brittle and not making contact. Look for corrosion on the switch, bulb, and battery contacts and clean if found. The switches themselves are pretty durable. If these easy checks dont reveal the issue, next step is to check continuity on each wire from the powerpack to the switch, then from the switch to the bulb.

I'm sure youve already checked this, but just in case....

Thise scopes have a feature that turns your diply off if ebough light is present to damage your tubes. Meant to quikly blink when you fire a shot so the muzzle flash doesnt ruin your scope. If you had the lens open, or werent using the light filter, that coud keep your reticule from appearing until the bright light goes away. Prolonged exposure to bright light will cause permanent damage.

Yea, I've been very careful with it always have the daytime filter on during the day, thanks for all the info though never knew about the shutter feature.

Back
Top Bottom