• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2-day Comprehensive AR Armorer Course, TruPrep in Marietta, February 10-11

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
197   0
Reaction score
Precision Applications, LLC will be holding an AR Armorer Course on Saturday-Sunday, February 10-11, from 8am - 4pm each day.

TruPrep
1000 Cobb Pkwy North
Marietta GA

Graduates of this course will receive 16 hours GA POST credit.

This is a comprehensive course on the AR weapon system. Every part and facet of the system will be covered in-depth. Topics to be covered will include, but are not limited to:

-cycle of operations, and how important it is to troubleshooting

-what does "milspec" mean to the Armorer and end user

-differences between forged and billet

-how to inspect your receivers before assembly

-tools necessary to build, tear down, repair, and improve/upgrade an AR

-how to step-by-step, completely and properly, assemble upper and lower receiver groups

-how to spec a proper bolt carrier group, as well as what to avoid

-how to repair a BCG, to include replacing gas rings, gas keys, extractor springs, extractors, and ejectors

-discussion of dwell time and its importance

-differences between barrel manufacturing techniques, coatings/finishes, contours, twist rates, etc.

-spec'ing gas ports for barrel length, gas system length, and caliber, along with what buffers and buffer springs to use in different applications

-how to open gas ports

-different methods of installing muzzle devices for different tasks

-different types of fire control groups

-how to diagnose an issue, narrow it down to the culprit, and repair it

At the completion of the course, students will have the knowledge and skills necessary to perform proper assembly/ disassembly, and conduct routine maintenance and inspections. Students will also have a better understanding of what actually constitutes an improvement/upgrade, and how to perform these.

During the course you’ll be able to build an AR from scratch if you wish. You’ll have to source all the parts you need before the course, and I’m glad to help with this.

You can just watch and take notes.

You can do just the work that you need to do.

You can tear all or part of an AR apart, for inspection and/or reassembly.

You can bring your personal or agency problem child AR, and we'll diagnose and correct it.

The curriculum will be flexible, and we should be able to fit your needs.

Cost for the course is $450. Class is limited to 12 students, and full payment is required before your slot is reserved. Contact me directly for payment and registration. I accept cash, checks, money orders, Zelle, Venmo, and CashApp.

For folks that have signed up, I will contact you about what you plan on doing during the course, and recommending tools and supplies.

Semper Fi!

Back
Top Bottom