2 Macon Police Officers Arrested for Stealing Guns

mountainpass

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
15   0
Reaction score
popup at link: http://www.macon.com/2013/02/14/235...s-accused.html#storylink=omni_popular#wgt=pop

Graves, while working as a police officer, allegedly took a .25-caliber gun after two suspects ran from him on Holts Lane at about 11 p.m. on Nov. 6, 2011. He later gave it to a relative as a gift, according to a warrant.On June 16, 2012, Graves allegedly took another gun, a .380-caliber, from a home in the 1300 block of Courtland Avenue. He later gave it to a relative as a gift, although the gun had been reported to police as “Lost or Mislaid Property” on Nov. 3, 2011, according to another warrant.Graves and Jones allegedly took another gun, a 9mm pistol, from a Mumford Road apartment at about 11:30 p.m. Aug. 21, 2012, and fired it somewhere on a dirt road near Mumford Road. When the gun was empty, they threw it into a large metal trash bin near Montpelier Avenue, according to a warrant.

Taking the guns was a breach of the officers’ “fiduciary responsibility to protect” personal property or the evidence of a crime, according to the warrants.The allegations come three weeks after two Precinct 3 officers -- Troy Guidry, 41, and Jon Wantz, 32, -- were charged with theft, criminal trespass, burglary, conspiracy to commit a crime and violation of oath of office.

Robbers Guarding the Bank. Another shinning example of why we should Trust and Respect the Police. I know, I know, there are Good ones and Bad ones. But just Like Gun Violence you Only hear the Bad.

I know some good ones in Macon. But the problem is bigger than we really want to admit. A hired thug is still a thug. However, to those who serve honorably, I don't know how you do it, your pay check is too small and the family sacrifice is huge. Thank you!

I know some good ones in Macon. But the problem is bigger than we really want to admit. A hired thug is still a thug. However, to those who serve honorably, I don't know how you do it, your pay check is too small and the family sacrifice is huge. Thank you!

Great post.

Back
Top Bottom