• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

20 or 28 gauge for duck?

GAgunLAWbooklet

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
63   0
Reaction score
A4E856A1-BEBE-40FC-9074-AC559444B246.jpeg

This conservative radio talk show host mentioned that he would like to buy a shotgun for duck hunting, possibly this weekend. He wasn't sure if he should get a 20 ga. or go up to get a 28 gauge!

The way he said it I don't think he understands what "gauge" means with respect to shotguns.

I was In the car and I did not have time to try to call him and dig into this any further, and I did not have a lot of time to listen to see if any other caller brought up the topic later in the day .

🤣He should go up to 410...........It'd be even better...........I have known some to hunt with a 410 exclusively, but they were sho nuff experts

20 is a smaller number than 28.
So maybe I should send him an email and tell him to look for a "38 gauge" shotgun for ducks. That's an even bigger number!

( plus, everybody had heard of
the famous 38 caliber)

I work from home and listen to WSB for background noise.

He is consistently wrong about technical matters on firearms. I have called, and his call screeners are total snots, who think they know everything about guns, I'm trying to remember what the last one was -something really egregious. Anyway, they won't put on anyone who contradicts him. or points out an error. So I quit trying.

Back
Top Bottom