2015 Most American Car!!

Lol, my '94 Yota tiny truck was made in Ca. if I remember right. Not sure how many parts were actually made here though.

ETA: not surprising though, Cadillac recently opened plants in China to make those.

Last edited:
with the "global economy" automakers can decrease cost to manufacture while still upping the price on their automobiles

my other grandfather says that buying a Toyota is just giving money to a Japanese company (even with so much if the car made here), while buying a mostly imported Chevrolet keeps the money in the usa. whether he's right or not i don't know

with the "global economy" automakers can decrease cost to manufacture while still upping the price on their automobiles

my other grandfather says that buying a Toyota is just giving money to a Japanese company (even with so much if the car made here), while buying a mostly imported Chevrolet keeps the money in the usa. whether he's right or not i don't know

The "most American" title includes factors like the number of American jobs created by the manufacture of the vehicle and where the money generated by its manufacture goes. Toyota is currently reinvesting and keeping a significant amount of the money here. More than the big 3 anyway.
It seems like the big 3 are doing well in the "global" economy as of late supporting foreign workers and supplying profits to other countries. Our current tax code probably has a hand in that.

Last edited:

because of EPA and corporate tax structure and the down fall of Detroit....the only thing with these cars are assembled here and not manufactured...parts come from all around the world..this is why Chrysler is such a POS

because of EPA and corporate tax structure and the down fall of Detroit....the only thing with these cars are assembled here and not manufactured...parts come from all around the world..this is why Chrysler is such a POS
i was looking at a new mustang at a ford dealership and noticed the transmission was made in china, on a American icon like the ford mustang china shouldn't be touching that car until after its completed if they buy one

i was looking at a new mustang at a ford dealership and noticed the transmission was made in china, on a American icon like the ford mustang china shouldn't be touching that car until after its completed if they buy one
yes this is why i haven't bought one....new cars..are parts from around the world assembled here...this is what a repressive fascist government gets you!

Back in the early 80's I had a good friend that owned a Nissan Dealership...He invited my wife and I to tour the Nissan Plant in Smyrna Tennessee..We road around in a golf cart train through the plant...I was very impressed!! From the start of Big rolls of Steele sheets to forming body parts, to the dipping pools and paint booths. took us I think a couple of hrs for the tour..We stopped in the middle of the tour at the cafeteria. They had a gym for employees, The stats they quoted were very impressive, as to how many employees they had, and the fact in the 5 yrs they had been there, only 4 had left..One death do to physical problems unrelated, and 3 if I remember right, to Pregnancy's. In the tour they claimed to be the 3rd or 4th most desirable company in the US to work for..Might I add everything there was clean as a pin.. Oh and might I also add I drive a Hemi 4X4 Monster!!

Back
Top Bottom