• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2016 Presidential Election PANIC BUYING

Give Odummy a few more times at the mic. That man is a gun selling machine!
Is that really how you think it works? Obama goes on television and pays lipservice to the gun control agenda and everyone loses their minds in a buying frenzy? Let me break this down for you, Obama has absolutely 0 credibility when it comes to pushing through meaningful or effective legislation, executive action, or DOJ policy change when it comes to ANYTHING, let alone gun control.
-Obama decries the NRA as a lobbying juggernaut against gun control. No significant effect on gun prices.
-Obama gives a speech while attending a climate change conference in Paris (just over 1 month to the DAY after the Paris attacks) in response to a spree shooting in San Bernardino, talking about how no other country has to deal with these kinds of things. No significant effect on gun prices.
-January of this year, Obama promises sweeping executive action to tighten the restrictions on firearms purchases. No significant effect on gun prices.
The truth of the matter is that he's a lame duck President. He is incapable of doing anything meaningful; he lacks the political capital, support of the public, or the good will of Congress to push through any legislation that might effect gun prices. He could go on television tomorrow, promising to stop the sale of guns, knives, rocks and anything else that might encroach on the safe spaces of his sheltered and naive constituents and gun prices wouldn't so much as hiccup. Ever since the Fast and Furious ATF debacle that occurred under his DOJ jurisprudence, Obama has done nothing more than grumble about tightening restrictions on firearms sales. Hillary Clinton talking about another AWB will do more to drive prices up than ANYTHING Obama might say, and she's not even President yet.

Is that really how you think it works? Obama goes on television and pays lipservice to the gun control agenda and everyone loses their minds in a buying frenzy? Let me break this down for you, Obama has absolutely 0 credibility when it comes to pushing through meaningful or effective legislation, executive action, or DOJ policy change when it comes to ANYTHING, let alone gun control.
-Obama decries the NRA as a lobbying juggernaut against gun control. No significant effect on gun prices.
-Obama gives a speech while attending a climate change conference in Paris (just over 1 month to the DAY after the Paris attacks) in response to a spree shooting in San Bernardino, talking about how no other country has to deal with these kinds of things. No significant effect on gun prices.
-January of this year, Obama promises sweeping executive action to tighten the restrictions on firearms purchases. No significant effect on gun prices.
The truth of the matter is that he's a lame duck President. He is incapable of doing anything meaningful; he lacks the political capital, support of the public, or the good will of Congress to push through any legislation that might effect gun prices. He could go on television tomorrow, promising to stop the sale of guns, knives, rocks and anything else that might encroach on the safe spaces of his sheltered and naive constituents and gun prices wouldn't so much as hiccup. Ever since the Fast and Furious ATF debacle that occurred under his DOJ jurisprudence, Obama has done nothing more than grumble about tightening restrictions on firearms sales. Hillary Clinton talking about another AWB will do more to drive prices up than ANYTHING Obama might say, and she's not even President yet.
He screwed us on the 41 bill that is doing away with trust purchases of NFA items. Just saying <-totally a passive aggressive saying right there.

The problem with your post is you are thinking clearly and logically. When you have congressmen calling for a ban on "an AR15 that shoots 700 rounds per minute", the uneducated voters will agree with him. It doesn't have to be true, they just have to say it enough times that regular folk start to believe them and agree. Sen. Feinstein and her folks will never let a shooting like this pass them by without reminding the masses that these "guns of war" have no place on American streets.
I don't think this event will be the straw that breaks the camel's back, but I'd bet that if Hillary gets elected, she WILL find a way to curtail gun ownership, or at least make it cost prohibitive.

He screwed us on the 41 bill that is doing away with trust purchases of NFA items. Just saying <-totally a passive aggressive saying right there.
Yes, by doing away with the NFA trust loophole, he has made it more difficult to purchase and own suppressors and NFA items without a CLEO signoff, it hasn't significantly effected gun prices or availability as far as I know. I could be wrong, as I'm not yet in the NFA game, though I would like to be.

The problem with your post is you are thinking clearly and logically. When you have congressmen calling for a ban on "an AR15 that shoots 700 rounds per minute", the uneducated voters will agree with him. It doesn't have to be true, they just have to say it enough times that regular folk start to believe them and agree. Sen. Feinstein and her folks will never let a shooting like this pass them by without reminding the masses that these "guns of war" have no place on American streets.
I don't think this event will be the straw that breaks the camel's back, but I'd bet that if Hillary gets elected, she WILL find a way to curtail gun ownership, or at least make it cost prohibitive.
Exactly my point. What I said was that Obama can't have any effect on gun prices. Hillary, (who's not even president yet) has a far stronger influence on panic buying because her victory in the upcoming election is virtually certain. But significant changes in gun prices won't occur until people wake up to that fact.

Yes, by doing away with the NFA trust loophole, he has made it more difficult to purchase and own suppressors and NFA items without a CLEO signoff, it hasn't significantly effected gun prices or availability as far as I know. I could be wrong, as I'm not yet in the NFA game, though I would like to be.
You should consider getting a few toys before July 15th. It is much easier now than it will be in the future. Provided there is a future for law abiding firearm owners to own firearms.

Back
Top Bottom