• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2017 NRA annual meeting, Atlanta, April 27-30 at the GWCC - ODT M&G poll added

Which day would be best for the ODT to meet?

• Friday the 28th

Votes: 35 25.9%
  • Saturday the 29th

Votes: 73 54.1%
  • Tacos

Votes: 27 20.0%

• Total voters
Sorry bud, didn't get a ton of extra reloading stuff. Got 2 Hornady hats, one for me and one for my son. 1 of the other stickers (Sierra, IMR, Winchester,Extreme bullets, Federal bullets, Gorilla Ammunition) and a pretty cool silver bullet key chain from Sierra that my daughter snatched up. They like getting all that stuff. Most of mine go on my travel gun case, reloading bench or gear locker for when I travel for classes.

Well maybe someone else hoarded some extra :-) so wish I coulda gone. Were they giving out any cool equipment add ons or projectiles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hit all 3 days. Wife and I on Friday. Wife, both kids and I on Saturday. Just me on Sunday. I could give a full run down, but no one would really be that interested in it anyway. I'm very glad I went multiple days. Still didn't see everything. Awesome show, met some great folks, got lots of swag and even bought a couple things. Can't wait for the next one I can make it to.

I heard they were looking at Hershey, PA. next year... won't be making that one!
Next year is Dallas, TX.

Well the convention was absolutely amazing! I really wish I'd have taken my middle school son out of school to go to the Leadership Forum. Trump was the first speaker. He was... well... 'entertaining'. Many left after he spoke which was good. Unfortunately the speaker I most wanted to hear, Rep. Higgins, wasn't there and only got a very short video. Cruz was the ONLY politico speaker to not use a teleprompter or prepared notes. He was great. So was Col. West and Sherriff Clarke. Adam LaRoche, received an award from the NRA they gave him and his young son both trick AR15's. A definite "in your face" to the liberals. Adam gave an AMAZING testimony. By the time that forum was over if you weren't ready to run through a wall you don't have a heartbeat. I was there all day Friday and almost all day Saturday. It really was incredible how big that place is. I was BEAT, but I did finally see at least 95% of the exhibits. Never could find a good AIWB for my CZ but I did find a free bore sight. When I asked if I could try my EDC in one of the holsters the vendor said 'sure'. I said, "It's charged, will anyone freak out?" He looked around and said, "Only guns that bother me are UNloaded ones." :laugh: Vista vendor almost broke out in hives when I asked the same question quickly said "Don't take it out!" Got my free autographed cap from THE man, Jerry Miculek and shook his hand. REALLY hope some of that rubs off. :cool:
I could go on and on, and will just say I wish it was here every year!!! Obligatory free swag pic.
i138.photobucket.com_albums_q254_Dominionofstewards_phil_IMG_13861_zpscbh3wrpl.jpg

Well the convention was absolutely amazing! I really wish I'd have taken my middle school son out of school to go to the Leadership Forum. Trump was the first speaker. He was... well... 'entertaining'. Many left after he spoke which was good. Unfortunately the speaker I most wanted to hear, Rep. Higgins, wasn't there and only got a very short video. Cruz was the ONLY politico speaker to not use a teleprompter or prepared notes. He was great. So was Col. West and Sherriff Clarke. Adam LaRoche, received an award from the NRA they gave him and his young son both trick AR15's. A definite "in your face" to the liberals. Adam gave an AMAZING testimony. By the time that forum was over if you weren't ready to run through a wall you don't have a heartbeat. I was there all day Friday and almost all day Saturday. It really was incredible how big that place is. I was BEAT, but I did finally see at least 95% of the exhibits. Never could find a good AIWB for my CZ but I did find a free bore sight. When I asked if I could try my EDC in one of the holsters the vendor said 'sure'. I said, "It's charged, will anyone freak out?" He looked around and said, "Only guns that bother me are UNloaded ones." :laugh: Vista vendor almost broke out in hives when I asked the same question quickly said "Don't take it out!" Got my free autographed cap from THE man, Jerry Miculek and shook his hand. REALLY hope some of that rubs off. :cool:
I could go on and on, and will just say I wish it was here every year!!! Obligatory free swag pic.
i138.photobucket.com_albums_q254_Dominionofstewards_phil_IMG_13861_zpscbh3wrpl.jpg

Great summary. I enjoyed reading this and I'm glad you had a great experience! Everyone needs to attend at least one NRA meeting in their lifetime!

My good friend was in charge of putting this show together, and as an NRA life member who took extra pride in this particular show, it meant a lot to him when I gave him the glowing feedback of everyone here.

And I love seeing all the cool swag everyone managed to obtain. I managed to snag a few after show items myself these past couple nights. Yes, I was dumpster diving. LOL...

These Daniel Defense signs are 5 1/2'! No way I could let these go to the Fulton county landfill!
DSC00973.JPG

This Beretta table top is a 2 piece and also measures 5 1/2'....Not going to the Fulton county landfill!

DSC00974.JPG

NRA Atlanta 2017 sign measures around 6 1/2'. Not going to the landfill!

DSC00975.JPG

I also managed to rescue a large Beretta vinyl banner, a stack of official programs, a stack of leadership dinner programs, a green room NRA executives and guest speakers door sign, several other momento odds and ends, and my greatest prize, IMO, I managed to snag 3 vinyl street pole NRA Atlanta banners that measure around 8'! They are 2 sided and friggin awesome! And yes, I took a boom lift out there last night to get them down. LOL...No way they were going to be discarded! These things are huge!

DSC00978.JPG

Yep, I had a time fitting all of this into the back of my truck, and I had to tie it all down nice and snug, but it was worth it!

MRH MRH I must admit this was way smoother and better than when I exhibited at NWTF about 10 years ago. Wasn't sure I'd ever go back to WCC after that deal, but NRA was great. Show was very good for us.

Reactions: MRH
Great summary. I enjoyed reading this and I'm glad you had a great experience! Everyone needs to attend at least one NRA meeting in their lifetime!

My good friend was in charge of putting this show together, and as an NRA life member who took extra pride in this particular show, it meant a lot to him when I gave him the glowing feedback of everyone here.

And I love seeing all the cool swag everyone managed to obtain. I managed to snag a few after show items myself these past couple nights. Yes, I was dumpster diving. LOL...

These Daniel Defense signs are 5 1/2'! No way I could let these go to the Fulton county landfill!
View attachment 1159109

This Beretta table top is a 2 piece and also measures 5 1/2'....Not going to the Fulton county landfill!

View attachment 1159115

NRA Atlanta 2017 sign measures around 6 1/2'. Not going to the landfill!

View attachment 1159118

I also managed to rescue a large Beretta vinyl banner, a stack of official programs, a stack of leadership dinner programs, a green room NRA executives and guest speakers door sign, several other momento odds and ends, and my greatest prize, IMO, I managed to snag 3 vinyl street pole NRA Atlanta banners that measure around 8'! They are 2 sided and friggin awesome! And yes, I took a boom lift out there last night to get them down. LOL...No way they were going to be discarded! These things are huge!

View attachment 1159127

Yep, I had a time fitting all of this into the back of my truck, and I had to tie it all down nice and snug, but it was worth it!
I was wondering who was going to snap those Beretta table tops. ;) THe NRA Atlanta stuff is way cool! Good job!

Back
Top Bottom