2020 Ford Superduty

And a new truck is a tax write off
My brother has a small biz doing construction inspections for lenders and he buys a new 4wd crew cab whenever his accountant says to.
It’s buy a new truck for the write off or pay the IRS
His new one this year was $66k
Save him $40k on taxes

Buying a new truck is more for reliability and need than a tax break. He should look at other ways to invest in the business and see if he can shift that money into a SEP.

Test drove a $63,000 basic 2020 f350 dually. That 10 speed shifted like crap.
IT banged into 2nd gear everytime and when it downshifted coming to a light, it banged again and again.

No thanks.

The sad news is when you drive over to the GM dealer you get that exact same transmission. The 10 speed is a Ford /GM joint venture. The good news is the transmission has adaptive learning capability and it can learn to shift based on how you drive.

The sad news is when you drive over to the GM dealer you get that exact same transmission. The 10 speed is a Ford /GM joint venture. The good news is the transmission has adaptive learning capability and it can learn to shift based on how you drive.

Thank goodness I don't have a new one. It is the 6 speed auto. Shifts fine. :shocked: Unfortunately the new chevy's w/5.3 just don't have the power of the ecoboost. And the 6.2 is a hard to find option on a lower trim truck. Unless you rock the LTZ or similar, dealers just don't have much 6.2's to choose from. Boo Chevy! Hence the reason why I was looking at Ford.

Kinda weird how only the 1st to 2nd shift was the only issue. 2nd to 3rd and so on was smooth as silk.

I must say the torque of the 6.7 was incredible. Pulled like a train!

Also, the f150 w/10 speed shifted smooth as silk. It was just the f350 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 1st. I didn't expect it. Seemed to shutter as well.

I'm thinking it was just this particular truck. Do others have a similar experience??

Nothing wrong with a 6.0 if you take care of it. The great majority that had problems were due to programmers and poor maintenance. A deleted or even better, studded and deleted 6.0 will outlive a 7.3
The 6.4 is the true red headed bastard piece of boat anchor junk that should've never existed. I've owned IDIs, 6.0s a 6.4 and currently own a 7.3 and a 6.7
Really wanting to trade the 7.3 for a 6.oh I miss the turbo whistle and coil front end a lot.
Ford really knocked it out of the park with the 6.7 imo best diesel ever put in a Ford pickup

My brand new 2005 F350 crapped out at 12k miles. 100% stock. Oil pump gave up. I sold it shortly after. I’m on my third 6.7. They are awesome!

Cliff , I am looking at 17+ f250’s and some f150’s... them diesels are pricy!
Getting my friend that owns a lot to send me some auction vehicles , he said he can get about 6k off retail

My buddy has 600,000 on his 2017. The diesel is a $10,000 option on the truck so yea it hurts. Be thorough on an auction truck inspection and do your due diligence.

Cliff , I am looking at 17+ f250’s and some f150’s... them diesels are pricy!
Getting my friend that owns a lot to send me some auction vehicles , he said he can get about 6k off retail

Be careful buying a diesel from an auction, unless you know the owner. I just saw (maybe sent) a 2015 duramax through with 2 cracked pistons and it brought 17k....

For the cost to repair a diesel truck I'm terrified to buy a used one.
My cost would be $2k +/- as long as the block, crank, and heads weren't damaged but if you don't do this somewhat regularly, it would be cheaper to pay $12k - $15k for a new/reman engine that has a 100k mile warranty.
The for 6.0 is great after you replace the oil pump, lifters and push rods, upgraded gaskets and head studs. Also have the turbo veins polished or buy a new turbo. Those engines make a metric ton of power once you learn to control the weak points.

Find someone with a real scanner that will go look at trucks with you, the engine data will tell all that needs to be told.

Back
Top Bottom