• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2022 Trail Cam Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want a big 8. There is something about a 140+ 8 point that nothing compares to. How's the soil in your area? Seems like you can feed them with all your money but if the soil ain't right it's hard. Soil in this area is bad. I've seen plenty of good deer but they ain't no Midwest deer.
We have great soil we even have a 90 acre field with irrigation that’s planted in foraged soybeans and peanuts for the deer, for summertime.thats why I feel it’s more a genetics than anything.look at around Fulton county they don’t get that big eating asphalt and azaleas.

We have great soil we even have a 90 acre field with irrigation that’s planted in foraged soybeans and peanuts for the deer, for summertime.thats why I feel it’s more a genetics than anything.look at around Fulton county they don’t get that big eating asphalt and azaleas.

Gotta find that 1 or 2 bucks with good genetics and kill every other buck on the property. It will suck for a few years but it will pay.

Gotta find that 1 or 2 bucks with good genetics and kill every other buck on the property. It will suck for a few years but it will pay.
We started last year trying to kill the mature 8s when they get 5.5+ they get pretty smart I think we had 17 on the list last year and killed 5

We started last year trying to kill the mature 8s when they get 5.5+ they get pretty smart I think we had 17 on the list last year and killed 5

I never understood how genetics and feed and predators played a role. After the last 6 years I kinda get it now. I have 2 6.5 and 1 5.5 on the wall. About to have a 3.5 yo that's bigger than them all. If I live long enough and work hard enough then I'll buy my own land and try to test my theories. Anyway, a trophy to me is more about the hunt now. A big ole fat 6 would make me a happy boy.

I must say I am far more of a voyeur and pseudo biologist now than I have ever been I love the idea of improving habitat, improving nutrition and hoping for good genes , than when I was younger,

I am by no means trying to be anymore that a good steward of that which is entrusted to me.

I must say I am far more of a voyeur and pseudo biologist now than I have ever been I love the idea of improving habitat, improving nutrition and hoping for good genes , than when I was younger,

I am by no means trying to be anymore that a good steward of that which is entrusted to me.
It’s a lot of trial and error,do what works best for your property.every biologist will have a different opinion in what will work. I think you have got to get age before you can determine your genetics.its really hard to let nice 3 and 4 year olds walk.i also think a trophy depends on the hunter if a 110 inch 8 pter makes you happy kill it.if you looking for a lifetime buck let them walk.

karlvv30 karlvv30 if this one on the right grows about 12-14 inch 2s and 3s will get you the kinda 8 pt you talking about
71754783-7341-43C2-A7C6-140FAA6E9CB0.jpeg

It’s a lot of trial and error,do what works best for your property.every biologist will have a different opinion in what will work. I think you have got to get age before you can determine your genetics.its really hard to let nice 3 and 4 year olds walk.i also think a trophy depends on the hunter if a 110 inch 8 pter makes you happy kill it.if you looking for a lifetime buck let them walk.
I appreciate the advise that you have shared with me It’s been very valuable.

i put up my Boss Buck today with corn , away from trough feeder.

put some dog food in my coon and possum feeder, cleaned and filled the trough feeder with Rack Plus.

and mowed the fam yard, bush hogged. Neigbor sprayed around barn with his excess round up.

a good day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom