What's it gonna be

• No sweat

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • You gonna die!

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • EV Tacos

Votes: 13 33.3%

• Total voters
I'm going to throw my 12,000 watt generator in the trunk and a transfer tank in the back seat. Drive that bitch all the way back to NM on gasoline!

There's footage out there of a "EV Track Day" where there's a row of tesla's and random EV's hooked up to a long row of massive diesel Cat generators.

Reactions: MBC
Just got word this afternoon that the boss man needs me to fly down to Cocoa Beach Florida next week, get his Model S and drive it from his house in Florida to his house in Santa Fe NM. 2050 miles, gonna try to make it in 3 days.

What say you? Nuts? No sweat?
Uh that is seven charges how are you going to do that? You gonna follow him in your gas powered truck to charge his vehicle every 300 miles for 6 hours at a time?

Could be an adventure for sure. How far will it go on one charge and how long does a recharge take?

according to the Telsa trip planner, the model S has a 400-mile range and these are my charge stops and times.

Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 10.44.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 10.44.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 10.44.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 10.44.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 10.44.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 10.43.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 9.24.19 PM.png

Uh that is seven charges how are you going to do that? You gonna follow him in your gas powered truck to charge his vehicle every 300 miles for 6 hours at a time?

according to the Tesla trip planner, it is actually 20 charges, but most of them are 20 minutes or less. Only a couple of them are 25 minutes, and the last one is 40.

Tesla superchargers are pretty common now, and the car will actually tell you where the nearest one is. It can go 400 miles and will charge on a supercharger in under 40 minutes.

Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 10.50.18 PM.png

Just got word this afternoon that the boss man needs me to fly down to Cocoa Beach Florida next week, get his Model S and drive it from his house in Florida to his house in Santa Fe NM. 2050 miles, gonna try to make it in 3 days.

What say you? Nuts? No sweat?
I don’t see why your bosssss doesn’t just put it on a carrier and ship it. To me…ev’s aren’t meant to drive cross country. Check that trunk. Could be full of contraband. Just saying.

I don’t see why your bosssss doesn’t just put it on a carrier and ship it. To me…ev’s aren’t meant to drive cross country. Check that trunk. Could be full of contraband. Just saying.

addressed above. "Supply chain issues" mean he can't get it back to NM in time. Apparently, they can't even pick it up in time, much less get it there.

Reactions: MBC
Back
Top Bottom