• No sweat

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • You gonna die!

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • EV Tacos

Votes: 13 33.3%

• Total voters
Turn on auto drive and go to sleep…the car will plan your trip for you
I hadn't considered that...hmmm this might not be so bad.

I've driven it before though. Build quality sucks. All kinds of road noise and air leaks. Like driving a 1985 Toyota Corolla. Doubt I could sleep in that noisy bastard.

Reactions: MBC
Just got word this afternoon that the boss man needs me to fly down to Cocoa Beach Florida next week, get his Model S and drive it from his house in Florida to his house in Santa Fe NM. 2050 miles, gonna try to make it in 3 days.

What say you? Nuts? No sweat?

Have you run the charging stop planner?

Have you run the charging stop planner?

yeah, that's how I know exactly how many miles it is.

Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 9.24.19 PM.png

Why not ship the damn thing?

He normally does (which cracks me up because any money and fuel he saves from driving it is blown everytime he ships it across the country. Apparently, there is an issue getting it there in time ( "Covid" "Supply chain issues" blah blah blah ).

I don’t mind. With my job I am pretty much a cork. If there is a hole that needs filled, put me in it. I’ll fill it.

Honestly, I hate the car, the few times I have driven it I have always been underwhelmed. Sure, it is fast, but the build quality is garbage and it's like driving my doctor's office. Very sterile. I travel all the time so it's not really an issue one way or the other there. I am sure my wife isn't real thrilled about it since I am in Boston this week. Will be home for two days and gone again. Still, not that unusual for me.

I sometimes overthink and create anxiety for myself, so I am interested in seeing if I develop "range anxiety" on the trip.

Everyone that I know that's done something like that says to add 20-30% to your total time to allow for waiting on a charger and broken/dysfunctional chargers

Yeah, I am actually going to give myself 5 days. Book the trip to Florida Monday AM and the trip from NM back to Atlanta Friday afternoon. I figure that gives me 4+ full days of driving. If I make it in 3, then bonus for me. I have friends and family in NM since that's where I was born and raised, so I am not going to cry about waiting a day for a plane.

Sounds fun and a little exciting for a guy with good sensibility, whose able to plan and think ahead (re: keeping it charged) :thumb:

I'm going to throw my 12,000 watt generator in the trunk and a transfer tank in the back seat. Drive that bitch all the way back to NM on gasoline!

Back
Top Bottom