• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

22 mag shooters, step inside

Just recently purchased a Ruger precision only shot little with a couple different ammo but the wind was blowing 15-20 ordered it from grab a gun

I've owned a few .22 magnum rifles,
and shot a few .17 H.M. rimfire rifles owned by others.
Seen both guns on the firing line at River Bend Gun Club doing 200 yard bull's-eye shooting.

I believe the .17 bore is inherently more accurate, given the same quality rifle at the same price point as a .22 WMR one.

Seen both guns on the firing line at River Bend Gun Club doing 200 yard bull's-eye shooting.

I believe the .17 bore is inherently more accurate, given the same quality rifle at the same price point as a .22 WMR one.
I really had just given in to the fact that the 22 mag was just a 2 MOA rifle at best and just use it accordingly. Untill I ran across this Savage and I was finally convinced they could be as accurate as any 22 LR at the same distance. I have owned and shot Marlins, CZ, Ruger and just about every other one available. My best friend bought a $750.00 Stainless and Walnut Ruger and was beautiful. That being said this little Savage will literally shoot circles around that gun he has at a mere fraction of the cost. Believe it! I saw him run every kind of ammo you can buy through it and nothing for better. The first cheap box of ammo I could find " I would have been happy to buy great ammo " but the cheap Winchester Dynapoints laid down some impressive groups. I wouldn't think of buying a more expensive gun. 22 mags like this are few and far between.

But on to your point I do think the 17HMR is a little bit more accurate inherently. They are freaking laser beams. However, very limited on game size to a point.

Marlin 883 is tube fed and a speed loader tube holds 60 or more rounds and ita a super fast reload..
I got her twin! Cost me 450 back in 2011 I think. Don't remember if ybe guy was on here or gon
Is that a boy's nutmeg stock? That's the one I'm contemplating and I just wanted to see it completely dressed to see if it looks as good as I think it would. Let me know what the stock is on that that's beautiful pattern.

I've got a Marlin 25 that I use for squirrel hunting. Head shots only and many bushy tails have fallen from tree's because of this rifle. Extremely accurate and been 100% reliable. Maybe in the next week I'll set it up on a bench rest and shoot it just to see what the groups are but for now I know it's definitely M.OS.H. (minute of squirrel head)

Back
Top Bottom