• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

22 Rimfire Reloader...

It is not totally clear but it looks like the case may be resized when you crimp the bullet. I don't think that I would want to try it as you would not be able to insure that the bullet loads so that you don't strike the point on the rim as the first shot in semi loaders. Single shot firearms might be ok. However, I am not that desperate right now.

Im very skeptical.

No way to fix the place on the rim where the firing pin struck. No way for new primer material to work if the pin happens to strike that crushed area next time.

I would also be concerned about misfires. If whatever the new priming material is happens to get caught in the bulge next to the firing pin strike area from the previous shot, it seems like that would make a little area of sensitivity where perhaps a misfire could happen just from closing the bolt on an irregular area like that.

The way a 22 LR works is entirely dependent on that rim containing the priming material. I would think it would be damn near impossible to get the rim back to normal-and then how would the priming material get where it needs to go? Factories spin it into the rim at high speed-while it is wet (to keep it from exploding.) I sure can't do anything like that.

Seems like a real hassle and possibly dangerous.

Back
Top Bottom