• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

22 Silencer, which one?

CCI Quiet subsonics will not cycle any semi auto.
CCI Semi Quiets cycle both my Ruger MK IV and T/CR semi auto with suppressor on and are stupid quiet. Bolt drop and impact is what you hear.

I’ve never been able to get any accuracy out of the cci quiet. And honestly I don’t think it’s that much more quiet than the just the regular cci subsonic. Plus the regular cci subsonic cycles... in at least everything I’ve shot it out of. Mk4 Ruger, ar pistol with cmmg 22lr conversion, and knockoff 22lr mp5.

I just put in paperwork for a Spectre II. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I drunk read the other night that the Spectre II was no longer being made and has been replaced with the Switchback.

Dead Air Mask here. My only 22 can (so far). shot the Q erector a few weeks ago that is a friends. Both are similar in sound the Q is much lighter.

As others have said, one of the biggest issues with a 22lr can is keeping it clean. 22lr is dirty. REALLY dirty. So your can gets nasty.

Buy a can that's stainless and TI. If you reload or have a friend with a stainless pin tumbler for cleaning brass, use that to clean the internals of the suppressor. That's one of the main reasons I went with the Mask, ease of cleaning it on my tumbler w/ SS pins. I also soaked mine in silicon/DOT5 and makes it very easy to clean after a few hundred rounds. Good options- Rugged Suppressors Occulus, Silencerco Switchback (cool to have different configurations for rifle and pistol where each way is more quiet on the appropriate host), Tactical Solutions Axiom, Q, and AAC all make a good 22lr suppressor and will be around for a while to support your can. If you buy an AL can you will probably end up cleaning it with "the dip" which is a pretty nasty solution to clean your AL cans.

As for ammo- the CCI Quiet is very quiet, but only good in bolt guns or single shot in semi autos, it's 710fps. CCI Subsonic (1050fps) will cycle most semi auto pistols and rifles and still pretty quiet. Supposed to be a new CCI Quiet Semi Auto that will cycle semi auto pistols/rifles. From what i've found and played with so far, I find that bulk ammo shot thru a 4.5" barrel will stay subsonic (I have shot a lot of Federal Auto Match bulk ammo and in my Mark II w/ TacSol 4.5" barrel it stays subsonic so far).

Here's what I've found for velocity if you want subsonic performance. Name, part #, velocity, bullet, notes

CCI Standard #0032 1070 fps 40 grain bullet
CCI Quiet #960 710 fps 40 gr bullet
CCI Quiet Semi #975CC 835 fps 45gr bullet
CCI Suppressor #0957 970 fps 45 gr bullet
CCI Clean 22 Subsonic #934CC 1070 fps 40 gr bullet (same as the CCI standard but with a blue coated bullet to less cleaning- there's a red version that's high velocity)
CCI Segmented Hollow Point #0074 1050 fps, 40gr segmented HP bullet
CCI Subsonic HP #0056 1050 fps, 40gr HP bullet
CCI quiet-22 Segmented HP #0970 710 fps, 40gr segmented HP bullet
CCI Green Tag #0033 1070fps, 40gr lead bullet, target ammunition

I think I might try the Switchback for my next 22 can, or maybe the Q erector but the cleaning has me wary of it.

Very happy with my Dead Air Mask so far.

It is quiet on a 10/22 and a Ruger Mark II, and whisper quiet on a bolt. The strike of the firing pin is the loudest part.

Best 22 can on the market right now is the SilencerCo Switchback

517C38C9-DFC3-4F5C-A342-E8FB5BF872CC.gif

What is this “Limited Auto Fire” bull****.

Either Belt fed rated or GTFO......

I looked at the Switchback, but they had my Spectre II on sale so I picked it up for what I believe to be a good price. Switchback looks interesting, but for 450-500 bucks it's pretty pricey

Back
Top Bottom