.22 TCM Glock conversion barrel

thegiantmidget

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
113   0
Reaction score
This little round has really got my interest. How do you guys think it stacks up against the 5.7X28? I know I prefer the Glock platform to the FN. What do you think the odds of somebody like Lone Wolf making a .22 TCM conversion barrel for 9MM Glocks are?

a store around me has some stock of that ammo. next time I go over there I'm going to see if it fits in a glock mag. I like the concept of the ammo and hope it takes off (don't want to get into it if it goes the route of .45 GAP)

See, I am inclined to disagree about the length since RIA sells a 1911 with both the TCM and 9MM barrels which uses the same magazine. Maybe they altered the demensions to accept both rounds? If it's as simple as a barrel change, step up Lone Wolf or Storm Lake. I'm ready to spend my money as I really dig the small and fast approach to defense.

From what I understand the .45 and 9mm 1911 frames are generally the same size, unfortunately not glocks. But that gets me thinking... if you put a 22 TCM barrel in a .45 glock with a lighter spring you might be cooking with gas...

Meh 5.7 has more capacity and similar ballistics, I'd rather see a surge of 5.7 polymer pistols. Plus 22tcm uses different diameter projectiles than .223 right? While 5.7 uses the common projectiles.

But if a simple conversion came out Id Definately get it, but not sure how I would use it. Some cool pdws need to be chambered in it to interest me.

It would require a different extractor but maybe it would come as a whole upper.

Are you sure? I ask because the .40 Glocks are able to run 9MM with the .40 extractor no problem. I have several thousand rounds down range in a G27 set up like this. The .22 TCM is one hell of a lot closer in demensions to 9MM than .40 is to the same.

Back
Top Bottom