.22 TCM Glock conversion barrel

I am writing the various barrel manufacturers to see if this is

A : possible, and

B : Being considered

I'd even consider shelling out for a custom barrel if the price weren't too steep and the conversion is safe / reliable. The limited research I have done leads me to believe that, at least in the RIA, the .22 TCM runs reliably in regular 9MM mags with the same 9MM extractor used when the 9MM barrel is installed (both barrels come with the pistol). I am also under the impression that the TCM is comparable to the 5.7, which I really like for personal protection. If I could get my hands on a conversion barrel, I'd way rather run my G19 (17 + 1 with Glock +2 extension) with a high velocity .22 caliber conversion than shell out 1K+ for the FN (20 + 1) which I'm honestly not that crazy about as far as controls / features go. The manual safety and magazine disconnect basically suck gopher scrotum.

Anyways, this is something I am very excited about. I urge anyone else who is to write Lone Wolf and the others to see if we can get enough interest mounted to get this product made.

Why not a 5.7 glock? Same oal as 9mm just higher pressure and more available.

That is completely incorrect. the 5.7 is WAY longer than even the longest 9X19. I'm looking at the two right now at my desk. The .22 TCM has comprable ballistics to the 5.7, and it may be possible, since RIA is currently marketig just such a firearm, to convert 9MM pistols to TCM with only a drop in barrel. I don't care about .45 conversions... don't have a .45. This thread is about the plausibility of a 9MM to .22 TCM Glock conversion.

I don't think this is gonna work out so well in a Glock.. At least, not in a 9mm Glock:

1.bp.blogspot.com__WeLzM_LUA1M_TkYaHX9Sn0I_AAAAAAAAATo_MbYhCfa69Nw_s1600_.22_tcm_comparison.jpg

lets just bring back the .224 boz. 10mm necked down I believe
i50.tinypic.com_2eb7hb7.jpg

Yea I got that 5.7 thing wrong, I think it was case diameter.

Okay so here's what I found out.
38 super oal-1.28in
22tcm- 1.265
45acp- 1.275
9mm- 1.150

Lone wolf did make 38 super glock barrels for Glock 20's, can't find them on their website now. So a Glock 20 conversion barrel and new extractor sounds like it would work

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom