.223 Dies

soggybottomboy

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
19   1
Reaction score
I placed a backorder with MidwayUSA on December 31. However, they keep moving the date back on when it is expected back in stock. Orginially was January 17, then Feb. 1st, then Feb 8th, and now Feb 28th.

Wednesday I had the bright idea of going ahead and placing another backorder with Midsouth Shooters Supply and FS Reloading. I figured that hey if all three orders go through then I can sell two of the die sets. I was recently watching to new deluxe .223 die sets on Ebay and both sold for $140-$150. Crazy!

Anyways, I just received an email that my FS Reloading backorder had shipped today! Freakin awesome. It only took two days.

Yeah I ordered some RCBS x-dies from midway. Got my hornady LNL press, but haven't seen the dies yet. I did pick up some Lee dies from a person off facebook though. I'm going out tomorrow to get a few more things (hardware to mount the press, tumbler, exc.). I've got ~500 rnds here to reload, but can't find any more projectiles. (Got plenty of brass though)

I might flip my dies as well when I get the other set in. I've read good things about the x-dies.

Oh yeah, I'm also missing my #16 shellplate. :(

I don't recall if it was here or another forum, but there was a thread about al the "stuff" we handloaders have.

We are by nature scroungers, picking up brass lying in grass, etc. I have dies, tools and other stuff that I bought years ago that may not have seen the light of day since I brought them home.

I know I have at least 4 complete .223 die sets and probably that many .308 too.

I've customarily set up one set for turnbolt's and another for selfloaders. That way there's no adjustment when I platforms or load type.

Yea, I've got "Stuff"!

I don't recall if it was here or another forum, but there was a thread about al the "stuff" we handloaders have.

We are by nature scroungers, picking up brass lying in grass, etc. I have dies, tools and other stuff that I bought years ago that may not have seen the light of day since I brought them home.

I know I have at least 4 complete .223 die sets and probably that many .308 too.

I've customarily set up one set for turnbolt's and another for selfloaders. That way there's no adjustment when I platforms or load type.

Yea, I've got "Stuff"!

Its a man thing Chuck we all do it

Back
Top Bottom