• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

22lr ammo at Midway. Not a steal and barely a deal but it's there

macdaman

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
22   0
Reaction score
If you shoot subsonic, Midway has their Aguila SuperExtra 40gr 22lr in stock for $39.99. Not the greatest price in the world and shipping charges are horrible. However, if you tack on something you need that brings the total to $50.00, you can get $10.00 off using the code NRASHOW2.

I needed a Hogue wraparound grip for my new 96D = $16.99
Bought a box of Aguila Subsonic = $39.99
Crappy shipping charge = $15.82
Promo discount = ($10.00)

You can look at this anyway you want but the $10 off effectively reduced my shipping charges to $5.82. Even if I apply all shipping towards the ammo (39.99 + 5.82 = 45.81), that makes a per round cost delivered of 9 cents a round. The cheapest round on Gunbot = 10 cents a round. Hence, the "deal".
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/58...ox-of-500-10-boxes-of-50?cm_vc=ProductFinding

Good find... Thanks for the post. I've been looking for subsonics for weeks.

Not really a bad 'deal' either in today's inflated 22 market. Great job on digging up a discount code too. Bonus points for the extra legwork.

So I'm quite ignorant when it comes to the 22 market. How long is this current state of the market expected to last? Or is this one of those questions that nobody really knows the answer to?

So I'm quite ignorant when it comes to the 22 market. How long is this current state of the market expected to last? Or is this one of those questions that nobody really knows the answer to?
No one knows for sure but it does seem that each month gets better than the last. If only a little bit. As an example, these subsonics were in stock for almost a week last time they were available. Been in stock now 3 or 4 days this time. Six months ago, they'd have probably been snapped up in hours.

No one knows for sure but it does seem that each month gets better than the last. If only a little bit. As an example, these subsonics were in stock for almost a week last time they were available. Been in stock now 3 or 4 days this time. Six months ago, they'd have probably been snapped up in hours.

Gotcha. Quite unfortunate really. My father and I went and bought a couple 22's quite a few years back to keep the shooting expenses a little lower. We live in different states now, so I've been out of the loop. But I was just saying to my wife the other day that we should pick up a 22 because the ammo is so cheap and easy to get. Um yea...wrong on that one. For these prices I would just rather reload 9mm. But I'm digressing. This wasn't really the point of this thread.

Back
Top Bottom