• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

22lr at Cabelas NOT in stock - Surprised?

Studiogene

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
126   0
Reaction score
Well, it had to be too good to be true. Those 1,000 round boxes of 22lr that were on Cabela's web site this morning for $49.95 were bogus.
Their site crashed last night at 10PM and a lot of stuff was showing available when, in fact, it was not.

Placed my order early this morning when I saw the posting on ODT. Never got a confirmation email and got the runaround when I called. So I called back this afternoon and confirmed the ammo is not in stock, but on backorder.
Since this is not the first time I've had this happen with Cabela's I complained until I got a supervisor and demanded that, when/if the ammo does arrive, they ship it to me for free. After a few minutes of beating them up they agreed. But who knows when it'll ever show up. This is my last go 'round with Cabela's.

I ordered PMAGs from them earlier this year when it said in stock, next day got a second email to let me know they weren't in stock and were back-ordered, then every month the back-order date changed until they finally just cancelled my order automatically (I had to call if I wanted to keep the back-order going any longer and I didn't bother).

I just recieved this email, I ordered at 7:30ish this morning

Thank you for your recent order. We appreciate your shopping at Cabelas.com and hope that you had an enjoyable shopping experience. You will receive another e-mail at the time your order ships.
Products Ordered
1 of 21-7893 WINCHESTER M*22 1000-ROUND PACKS .22LR 40GR PLRN/1000 @ $49.99 each
Backorder-Tentative arrival to Cabelas 05/25/13
Total
Merchandise = $49.99
Postage = $8.95
ORDER TOTAL = $58.94

i ordered these at 10:30 am today...... was surprised it went through...

Thank you for your recent order. We appreciate your shopping at Cabelas.com and hope that you had an enjoyable shopping experience. You will receive another e-mail at the time your order ships.Products Ordered
1 of 21-2176 REMINGTON RIMFIRE AMMO 22LR THUNDERBOLT/500 @ $23.99 eachIn stock-Approx delivery Fri 5/24Total
Merchandise = $23.99
Postage = $5.95
ORDER TOTAL = $29.94

i ordered these at 10:30 am today...... was surprised it went through...

Thank you for your recent order. We appreciate your shopping at Cabelas.com and hope that you had an enjoyable shopping experience. You will receive another e-mail at the time your order ships.Products Ordered
1 of 21-2176 REMINGTON RIMFIRE AMMO 22LR THUNDERBOLT/500 @ $23.99 eachIn stock-Approx delivery Fri 5/24Total
Merchandise = $23.99
Postage = $5.95
ORDER TOTAL = $29.94

same for me...ordered mine around 830 though and it was still good

Back
Top Bottom